Thread Rating:

tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 5822
Thanks for this post from:
GialmereMrCasinoGamesSwitch
February 6th, 2019 at 7:33:59 AM permalink
This new game, invented by Geoff Hall ("Switch" on the forum), debuts today at the Golden Nugget. I hope members in town stop by and check it out and grab a rack card. I certainly hope Wizard was planning to stop by soon, so we can get a little more detail on how it works than this.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1172
  • Posts: 19687
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGamestringlomaneSwitch
February 6th, 2019 at 12:15:41 PM permalink
I'm planning to stop by around 4:30 and hope to see some WoV members. I just did an analysis of the game. My page on this game still isn't done, but here is what I have so far: Lucky Cat Blackjack.

BTW, I hear they use pay table 2 (the stingy one) at the Golden Nugget, but do pay 3 to 2 on blackjack.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 140
  • Posts: 1148
February 6th, 2019 at 12:56:57 PM permalink
Wizard,

On Rule-3 you have it as:
Each Lucky Cat die has a picture of the Lucky Cat on one side and are blank on the other four.
I think you mean Five (5) and not four.
Stephen Au-Yeung (Casino Hold'em®) NewTableGames.com
jackmagic777
jackmagic777
Joined: Jan 11, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 161
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
February 6th, 2019 at 1:06:32 PM permalink
" Get paid multiple odds when dealer busts with 22 " when actually almost half the time you will not get paid at all. This game is my nomination for RABBIT HUNTER of the year award.
jackmagic777
jackmagic777
Joined: Jan 11, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 161
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
February 6th, 2019 at 1:08:06 PM permalink
Which casino will be first to offer the skinny pay table and 6 to 5 for a blackjack ?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights 
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 4204
Thanks for this post from:
Switch
February 6th, 2019 at 1:15:40 PM permalink
I'd play this with the good paytable. I predict it won't stick though. Just my uninformed opinion, I wish Geoff the best 🙂
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1172
  • Posts: 19687
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
February 6th, 2019 at 2:02:15 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I'd play this with the good paytable. I predict it won't stick though. Just my uninformed opinion, I wish Geoff the best 🙂



Me too. After 6-5 BJ and triple-zero roulette, my opinion of the average gambler's math skills has sadly diminished. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this were a hit. Casino are very hungry for blackjack games with a higher house edge, as 3-2 games are not very profitable. This will be nearly the same speed as regular blackjack and I think most players will like the dice. When I was in Brussels there was a blackjack side bet involving dice and the players seemed to love it, fighting over betting spots. I was the only one not playing it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
michael99000
michael99000 
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1284
February 6th, 2019 at 2:17:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Me too. After 6-5 BJ and triple-zero roulette, my opinion of the average gambler's math skills has sadly diminished. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this were a hit. Casino are very hungry for blackjack games with a higher house edge, as 3-2 games are not very profitable. This will be nearly the same speed as regular blackjack and I think most players will like the dice. When I was in Brussels there was a blackjack side bet involving dice and the players seemed to love it, fighting over betting spots. I was the only one not playing it.



Id like to know how triple zero roullette is doing in casinos that offer it. Particularly in casinos that have a European wheel also.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 290
Thanks for this post from:
Switch
February 6th, 2019 at 3:52:14 PM permalink
Gratz and good luck to Switch especially for the rarity of adding to a game without it costing the players more money to get in on the action. However, I can't see a casino giving players something without a catch so....
Quote: jackmagic777

Which casino will be first to offer the skinny pay table and 6 to 5 for a blackjack ?


...I would assume this will be the norm for the game.


Quote: jackmagic777

" Get paid multiple odds when dealer busts with 22 " when actually almost half the time you will not get paid at all. This game is my nomination for RABBIT HUNTER of the year award.


Yeah. How often on average does a dealer bust with a 22? And since the odds are basically 50/50 that the bonus will even give money, how many hands on average will you have to play in order to receive an actual payoff?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
jackmagic777
jackmagic777
Joined: Jan 11, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 161
February 6th, 2019 at 4:09:18 PM permalink
First you get a hand to split or double down, then are lucky enough to get a 20 or 21, then you sweat tbe dealer not getting a 20 or 21. YEAH Dealer breaks with 22. YEAH Then out comes the dice to slow down the game for the players not involved. Then it is 48% chance you wont win a cent 38% chance you will get paid 1/1 . HOW EXCITING

  • Jump to: