heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
December 7th, 2018 at 7:48:16 PM permalink
I sometimes play what I call blind blackjack. This is only on a video blackjack for fun credits which hold no value. I can have anywhere from 1-5 hands.

I essentially ignore the dealers cards and play as if I can only see my hand. It Is there anything else out there like this besides my imagination? Im assuming there is but my question to all of you is, what would your strategy be? Would you follow basic strategy or what? I normally follow basic strategy and it ends up pretty much the same or better most of the time, although it is a computer so I cant really assume anything.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
heatmap
December 8th, 2018 at 12:55:19 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

I sometimes play what I call blind blackjack. This is only on a video blackjack for fun credits which hold no value. I can have anywhere from 1-5 hands.

I essentially ignore the dealers cards and play as if I can only see my hand. It Is there anything else out there like this besides my imagination? Im assuming there is but my question to all of you is, what would your strategy be? Would you follow basic strategy or what? I normally follow basic strategy and it ends up pretty much the same or better most of the time, although it is a computer so I cant really assume anything.

Using an infinite-deck model, I get this strategy for blind blackjack:
hard stand 15
soft stand 18
double-down 10 and 11
split As, 7s, 8s, and 9s

Allowing three splits for non-ace pairs, I get these house edges:
2.46% S17
2.71% H17

I haven't seen a game like this, but an inventor could add some favorable rules (such as blackjack pays 2:1, for example) to make the house edge lower.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
heatmap
December 8th, 2018 at 9:35:15 AM permalink
Basic Strategies need three cards to implement. How do you use it on only two cards? For example, how do you handle a face, five?
BS says stay against a six but hit against a face.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
heatmap
December 8th, 2018 at 9:53:58 AM permalink
RTG Pontoon (not to be confused to Australian Pontoon) is blind blackjack with some extra benefits thrown in, the biggest is that a winning five-card player hand pays 2 to 1.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
Thanked by
heatmap
December 8th, 2018 at 10:01:20 AM permalink
Basic Stratgey above used infinite deck, so it doesn't matter how your total of 15 was made up and you also have no idea what the dealer has, so there is a single strategy, whether to hit or stand on hard 15s.

In practice with finite decks if you had (say) 5 5 5 then that reduces the chances of the dealer having a 5 and also you drawing a 5.
heatmap
heatmap
December 8th, 2018 at 12:17:23 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Basic Strategies need three cards to implement. How do you use it on only two cards? For example, how do you handle a face, five?
BS says stay against a six but hit against a face.

well i guess i can simplify and say that im always hitting to 17 or above like i said it is strictly for fun and in no way would i ever try this on a real table
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 8th, 2018 at 1:10:03 PM permalink
Do you do any doubling or splits?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
heatmap
heatmap
December 8th, 2018 at 2:52:37 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Do you do any doubling or splits?

when im feeling lucky i like splitting 2s and 8s or 10s sometimes. im very convinced that the computer hands dealt within this specific blackjack have some kind of limit because when you do take splits, the cards are always something like Player gets two 7s, and the dealer has an eight, but when you take the split it most of the time works out where you get two 10s making you stay at 17 and the dealer turns over a 10 or an A for the 18 or 19 and there was no way to improve your odds, so i dont normally take them to begin with as that has mostly been my experience and i think of it as a gaming security mechanism or something crazy that limits your ability to beat the dealer
  • Jump to: