heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 1196
September 5th, 2018 at 7:38:18 AM permalink
And what is the difference between cutting the shoe by 2+ decks... as in those cards will never be played by you - and wont be a part of the math of the game, which was directly influenced by the casino staff?
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 180
  • Posts: 10299
September 5th, 2018 at 10:40:49 AM permalink
Would you play a game of BJ if some/most/all of the aces were removed? Of course not - at least not if you knew it.

But that's always a possibility of happening - the cards could be "removed" by being behind the cut card.

Of course, they'll be shuffled back in the next time, and you'd never know the difference.

Or the good cards could all be in front of the cut card, with only crappy cards behind. That would be fantastic.

But as long as you don稚 know which cards are in play, the math remains unchanged.



Would you play if the good cards were permanently removed? That's what the title of this thread seems to suggest.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 168
  • Posts: 1196
September 5th, 2018 at 11:52:53 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Would you play a game of BJ if some/most/all of the aces were removed? Of course not - at least not if you knew it.

But that's always a possibility of happening - the cards could be "removed" by being behind the cut card.

Of course, they'll be shuffled back in the next time, and you'd never know the difference.

Or the good cards could all be in front of the cut card, with only crappy cards behind. That would be fantastic.

But as long as you don稚 know which cards are in play, the math remains unchanged.



Would you play if the good cards were permanently removed? That's what the title of this thread seems to suggest.



No but then if i believe that cutting the cards is essentially removing them then im a liar haha im just kind of trying to have people see it another way i guess
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
September 5th, 2018 at 11:57:19 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

No but then if i believe that cutting the cards is essentially removing them then im a liar haha im just kind of trying to have people see it another way i guess


You池e doing a bad job of that. The math doesn稚 change.
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 5490
September 5th, 2018 at 12:12:23 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

No but then if i believe that cutting the cards is essentially removing them then im a liar haha im just kind of trying to have people see it another way i guess

Removing aces, for example, is not the same as aces being randomly put behind the cut card. One is illegal, for one, but past that you're changing the odds of the game. As DJT pointed out, what if it was a single deck game and they permanently removed all the aces? Then you could literally never get blackjack. The odds of all 4 aces being behind the cut card would be pretty slim, and it would be pretty slim EVERY TIME they shuffled. Thus, if you play 10 shoes that would NOT be the case (in fact you could get all 4 in front of the cut), whereas if you permanently remove them, that will always be the case.

Basically, if you don't think there's a difference, I'll set up a shoe game that's +EV to the player (with the rules) then I'll remove all the aces. You can play my game anytime all day every day.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2085
September 5th, 2018 at 12:17:57 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

And what is the difference between cutting the shoe by 2+ decks... as in those cards will never be played by you - and wont be a part of the math of the game, which was directly influenced by the casino staff?

This game exists. It痴 called Spanish 21. It has really played favorable rules too vs BJ! It痴 just they took out all the Tens. Enjoy!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9909
September 5th, 2018 at 12:20:39 PM permalink
Quote: RS

You池e doing a bad job of that. The math doesn稚 change.



The math may be the same, but THE SACRED FLOW OF THE CARDS has been altered.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9909
September 5th, 2018 at 12:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

This game exists. It痴 called Spanish 21. It has really played favorable rules too vs BJ! It痴 just they took out all the Tens. Enjoy!



SP 21 can be great but using regular BJ BS on it will kill you.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 1756
September 5th, 2018 at 1:54:08 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

This game exists. It痴 called Spanish 21. It has really played favorable rules too vs BJ! It痴 just they took out all the Tens. Enjoy!



And it痴 published and known to all up front.
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2096
September 5th, 2018 at 7:08:52 PM permalink
Cutting off a couple decks removes a different random set of cards every shoe. Not even having some cards available removes the same cards every shoe.

A better question is why someone wouldn't reach that answer on their own and instead try to stir things up on in internet chatroom

  • Jump to: