BW21
BW21
Joined: Dec 30, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 51
August 5th, 2017 at 1:04:19 AM permalink
This is not a Supreme Court case. Curious what method actually makes more ev when including scouting hours for a mid stakes players? I can honestly say it probably takes 20 to 50 hours to find a profitable setup to Holecard. Card co
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 4275
August 7th, 2017 at 8:51:14 AM permalink
If your question is, including scouting, what makes more EV... it's laughably Hole Carding, hands down.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 7th, 2017 at 9:06:20 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

If your question is, including scouting, what makes more EV... it's laughably Hole Carding, hands down.


This.

Top pros keep detailed logs of these dealers including, casinos they work at, schedule, shift they're on, games they're good on, etc. Keeps the scouting time to a minimum.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
BW21
BW21
Joined: Dec 30, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 51
August 7th, 2017 at 4:09:02 PM permalink
I would say holecarding now that I think more. But the spread between the two might not be a large as people think when including reading mistakes and scouting in a non Vegas location.

It can vary a lot by region. In Vegas scouting efforts are much more efficient because of proximity of casinos. Could easily scout 20 plus casinos throughly in a day where as other parts of the country you might scout 3 casinos with long drives.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 7th, 2017 at 4:37:47 PM permalink
Quote: BW21

It can vary a lot by region. In Vegas scouting efforts are much more efficient because of proximity of casinos. Could easily scout 20 plus casinos throughly in a day where as other parts of the country you might scout 3 casinos with long drives.


This is why it's key to keep detailed records.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
Joined: May 3, 2016
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 525
August 7th, 2017 at 6:33:27 PM permalink
Holecarding is more fantasy than anything, at least at the shoe level. You would really need to find a sloppy dealer on exclusively pitch games and even then i find it hard to believe. If you do find a flasher, i doubt you can do it with any consistency.
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 7th, 2017 at 6:35:18 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

Holecarding is more fantasy than anything, at least at the shoe level. You would really need to find a sloppy dealer on exclusively pitch games and even then i find it hard to believe. If you do find a flasher, i doubt you can do it with any consistency.


This is what we want casinos to believe.

I'm going to quote Munchkin from this article:

https://www.888casino.com/blog/casino-tips/richard-munchkin-story/

"As for everyone else who wants to make serious money in casinos, Munchkin advises that you do not think like a card counter. “Card counters have tunnel vision,” says Munchkin. “They walk to a blackjack table, measure the card counting possibilities and ignore everything else. Me, I walk into a casino and I see opportunity everywhere.”"
Last edited by: Ibeatyouraces on Aug 7, 2017
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
Joined: May 3, 2016
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 525
August 7th, 2017 at 6:45:28 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

This is what we want casinos to believe.

When we scout, ironically, CSMs are the best targets!



I've heard that and that's a lot more believable. I wouldnt be surprised if 6/5 tables were easy targets as well due to bosses putting inexperienced dealers on those games. I also am a bit sketpical of the randomness of these CSMs as well as ASMs, im sure you can probably sequence those. I tried it once on an ASM just watching from behind the table and the ace came out as expected. Sure it's anecdotal, but nonetheless i wouldnt be surprised and im sure CSMs are the same way.
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10966
August 7th, 2017 at 6:46:47 PM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

I've heard that and that's a lot more believable. I wouldnt be surprised if 6/5 tables were easy targets as well due to bosses putting inexperienced dealers on those games. I also am a bit sketpical of the randomness of these CSMs as well as ASMs, im sure you can probably sequence those. I tried it once on an ASM just watching from behind the table and the ace came out as expected. Sure it's anecdotal, but nonetheless i wouldnt be surprised and im sure CSMs are the same way.


I wasn't talking about sequencing. Strictly HC'ing. There's no downtime for shuffling.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 1431
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
August 7th, 2017 at 7:49:09 PM permalink
Loose lips.TMI
This is a terrible discussion. Use pms.
The mountain is tall but the grass grows on top of the mountain.

  • Jump to: