lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
March 17th, 2017 at 2:23:00 AM permalink
Okay, so it's a shoe game and you figure you've got about 5 hands left to play and the t.c. is high, say +5. So you're bet is up. The next hand comes, never mind the result, but the count doesn't change so you're still enthusiastic. Another hand and another and the t.c. goes to +6. Two more hands and the count stays high, the same. Never mind the results but you're thinking 'this is good I'm getting to bet into a high t.c.' And then comes the cut card. So guess what. THE IMBALANCE OF HIGH CARDS NEVER CAME OUT. They were left behind the cut card. You look at your depleted stack and your joy fizzles out. Life is cruel.
Please don't feed the trolls
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 17th, 2017 at 3:50:15 AM permalink
If the TC remains constant, when you're in a + count, you actually are playing through the high cards. It's when the count goes up that you should be worried (if it always was going up, you'd be f***ed).
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 17th, 2017 at 3:56:51 AM permalink
Quote: RS

If the TC remains constant, when you're in a + count, you actually are playing through the high cards. It's when the count goes up that you should be worried (if it always was going up, you'd be f***ed).

If the TC stays the same that means the same number of high cards came out as did low cards. You had no advantage. Actually, a slight disadvantage. Anyway, that's the nature of the beast. Live to play another day. Another irony. You start a new shoe and wong out because the count is very minus. You're pissed. Time is wasted. But the count being high minus means that while you were playing lots of high cards came out and you had an edge. But you bet small. It's wild.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 17th, 2017 at 4:00:24 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

If the TC stays the same that means the same number of high cards came out as did low cards. You had no advantage. Actually, a slight disadvantage.

I'm talking TC, not RC.

Imagine 5 decks remaining with a +15 RC. The TC is +3. Two decks of play later, if the TC is still +3, then the RC must be +9. Meaning over the course of 2 decks of play, 6 extra high cards came out (HiLo), or an average of 3 per deck.....which you'd expect with a TC of +3.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 17th, 2017 at 4:02:22 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I'm talking TC, not RC.

Imagine 5 decks remaining with a +15 RC. The TC is +3. Two decks of play later, if the TC is still +3, then the RC must be +9. Meaning over the course of 2 decks of play, 6 extra high cards came out (HiLo), or an average of 3 per deck.....which you'd expect with a TC of +3.

Got it. You're right. I was wrong.
  • Jump to: