Talmadge
Talmadge
  • Threads: 2
November 4th, 2016 at 7:22:35 PM permalink
I was listening to a 'gambling with an edge' podcast recently when Munchkin described how he used to bet with the count. For example, if the Running count is 15 with 4 decks left which is just under a True Count 4 he would round his bet up as if it was a True count 4 but still use playing decisions for a True count 3 as it hadnt actually hit a True count 4 yet. In this situation i am just wondering if other members here also do that or wait until the True count does indeed hit 4 before betting that amount. Thanks everyone :)
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 5th, 2016 at 10:21:26 AM permalink
I would do it the way RWM does it, unless I was playing at full kelly or was playing with a very small bankroll or a small spread.
Talmadge
Talmadge
  • Threads: 2
November 6th, 2016 at 7:23:20 PM permalink
Thanks RS for the reply. I was thinking that even playing conservative kelly, a decent bankroll and spread that it may be worth only rounding your bet up when the TC is just under 3 or higher as rounding up when the TC is just under 1 or 2 may not be enough of an advantage and cause more variance?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 6th, 2016 at 7:49:49 PM permalink
I'd round up to 3, 4, or higher. But wouldn't round up to TC 2, but perhaps make a bet in between the TC 1 and TC 2. Of course, depends on your ramp and jump from 1 to 2. If it's a big jump, I'd make a wager in between each. If it's a small jump, just make a TC 1 bet.
  • Jump to: