BobDancer
BobDancer
  • Threads: 21
August 8th, 2016 at 12:43:53 AM permalink
On Sunday August 7 I noticed a thread about having enough for one more bet and whether it's right to DAS with 8s against a dealer 7 when you get a deuce, or to save your bet hoping to get a trey or another 8.

Someone made a comparison to video poker and I disagreed that the comparison was apt.

I went to check to see if there were any responses --- and the thread has evaporated!

I see a box to check to "block this thread." I don't know what that means. Could that explain this?
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 326
August 8th, 2016 at 5:58:40 AM permalink
older threads get pushed out of sight

3 ways to deal with that:

*click on the icon above the threads that says "recent threads"

*go down to the category and fish through those threads

*the best way: if you commented in that thread, find your name down at the bottom of the 'forums' page in 'currently active members' and click on it, then click on your 'posts made'
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 8th, 2016 at 11:22:54 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

older threads get pushed out of sight

3 ways to deal with that:

*click on the icon above the threads that says "recent threads"

*go down to the category and fish through those threads

*the best way: if you commented in that thread, find your name down at the bottom of the 'forums' page in 'currently active members' and click on it, then click on your 'posts made'

*the best way: click on someone else's username, going to their profile page, then change that person's name in the URL to your own.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 326
August 8th, 2016 at 12:24:33 PM permalink
Quote: RS

*the best way: click on someone else's username, going to their profile page, then change that person's name in the URL to your own.

works pretty good - autofill completes it in the location bar
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: