Poll

1 vote (7.69%)
2 votes (15.38%)
5 votes (38.46%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (23.07%)
1 vote (7.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (7.69%)

13 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1338
  • Posts: 22092
July 11th, 2016 at 3:39:57 AM permalink
I saw a new side bet in Lake Tahoe a few days ago. The title, according to the AGS web site is IN BETween. From the table, I interpreted the title to be use "in."

The rules are pretty simple. You bet that the dealer's up card will be between the player's two up cards in rank. For this purpose, aces are high only. The smaller the spread, the more you win. Following is my return table, based on six decks.

Event Pays Combinations Probability Return
Triple match 30 157,872 0.005248 0.157453
One-card spread 10 304,128 0.010111 0.101107
Two-card spread 6 552,960 0.018383 0.110298
Three-card spread 4 746,496 0.024817 0.099268
All other spreads 1 6,303,744 0.209567 0.209567
Loss -1 22,014,720 0.731874 -0.731874
Total 30,079,920 1.000000 -0.054182


So, house edge of 5.42%.

Anybody agree/disagree with my math?

The question for the poll is would you play IN BETween?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
July 11th, 2016 at 3:47:26 AM permalink
This use to be the only side bet at the borgata imo it's the absolute most unfun side bet I have ever played
The highest layout is pretty low and almost never comes in which is trips. And the second drops all the way down to 10-1 for a straight but it's worse then having a straight because it has to be the dealer that has the middle part of the straight- to the best of my knowledge it's uncountable
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14229
July 11th, 2016 at 4:12:20 AM permalink
I hate this kind of sidebet. Least favorite bet structure, regardless of the game including those where that's the main mechanism. And there have been a lot of them over the years.

So congratulations are in order. You've finally found a sidebet I won't play. Lol...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 2150
July 11th, 2016 at 4:26:32 AM permalink
Yes I agree - the rule means strictly between, for instance KQ does not win against dealer's K or Q, but "spread 1" means your KJ wins against dealer's Q.
DecksHouse Edge
110.462%
27.758%
46.042%
65.418%
85.097%
9999994.097%

House edge high - "best avoided".
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 514
  • Posts: 3022
July 11th, 2016 at 4:49:57 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I saw a new side bet in Lake Tahoe a few days ago. The title, according to the AGS web site is IN BETween. From the table, I interpreted the title to be use "in."

The rules are pretty simple. You bet that the dealer's up card will be between the player's two up cards in rank. For this purpose, aces are high only. The smaller the spread, the more you win. Following is my return table, based on six decks.

Event Pays Combinations Probability Return
Triple match 30 157,872 0.005248 0.157453
One-card spread 10 304,128 0.010111 0.101107
Two-card spread 6 552,960 0.018383 0.110298
Three-card spread 4 746,496 0.024817 0.099268
All other spreads 1 6,303,744 0.209567 0.209567
Loss -1 22,014,720 0.731874 -0.731874
Total 30,079,920 1.000000 -0.054182


So, house edge of 5.42%.

Anybody agree/disagree with my math?

The question for the poll is would you play IN BETween?


I thought you already had in-between analyzed years ago on WoO page?

and Angie from poll (NSFW):
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2833/12706837393_5b7441a7c3_b.jpg
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
miplet
miplet
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1941
July 11th, 2016 at 6:23:13 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

I thought you already had in-between analyzed years ago on WoO page?



2348 days ago.
ďMan BabesĒ #AxelFabulous
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7023
July 11th, 2016 at 6:36:00 AM permalink
Except the payout for the 1 spread got worse, giving a higher HE.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
July 11th, 2016 at 8:16:33 AM permalink
Who is Angie?
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2225
July 11th, 2016 at 9:40:35 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

This use to be the only side bet at the borgata imo it's the absolute most unfun side bet I have ever played
The highest layout is pretty low and almost never comes in which is trips. And the second drops all the way down to 10-1 for a straight but it's worse then having a straight because it has to be the dealer that has the middle part of the straight- to the best of my knowledge it's uncountable


The real "unfun" part is that 78% of your wins on the In Bet are paid even money...I normally call a proposition like that the "main bet".

What side bet has made it on to the floor at Borgata in addition to the In Bet?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1338
  • Posts: 22092
July 11th, 2016 at 10:15:26 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

2348 days ago.



Dang. I knew it looked familiar.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

  • Jump to: