LAD
LAD
  • Threads: 21
August 31st, 2015 at 8:24:28 AM permalink
I mistakenly posted this as a blog and although I did get some very informative replies, I wanted to "open" this to a larger audience.

The NY racino near me recently added electronic blackjack. The one with the large screen, "attractive" virtual dealers and 5 seats per screen.

The rules seem to be ..

6 decks..h17...double any two, split any pair, one card for resplit aces..surrender

My questions were..

Can I count the six decks on this game because I noticed that the dealers change at certain intervals and someone had told me that this signified the end of the shoe.

Kewlj informed me that this cannot be counted and that in NY each player had his own deck

My question is ..How does a player having
his own deck affect the house edge ?

Thanks for any replies or comments .
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
August 31st, 2015 at 9:04:22 AM permalink
Each player having their own deck would mean all of the other cards you see is now useless information. The idea of counting is using the effect of card removal from the deck you're playing out of. However if Johnny at seat one gets 5-5-5-5 on his hand it has literally 0 effect on your hand/deck because you're playing from a separate one where all of the 5's are still in it.

I'd be wary on the shuffling point. Not only do most electronic games shuffle every hand, but the "FEW" I've seen dealt out to a certain point were all 50% pen or worse (which is unplayable). Again, if everyone is playing their own deck, how will it 'shuffle' at a certain point? Maybe you have 40 cards left and I have 30 cards left, how does the 'shuffle' point you're referring to know that? Is it just shuffling my deck first then your next?

There are wayyyy to many unknown variables. When we count, or do any kind of advantage play, we do so because we know we have an edge, not because we think we have one. I would avoid this game, but best of luck to you either way.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
LAD
LAD
August 31st, 2015 at 9:23:10 AM permalink
Romes,

Thank you for your informative answer.

If I may ask ...

If one is playing strictly basic strategy, and with the rules I stated what is the house edge ?
Romes
Romes
August 31st, 2015 at 11:13:11 AM permalink
Quote: LAD

Romes,

Thank you for your informative answer.

If I may ask ...

If one is playing strictly basic strategy, and with the rules I stated what is the house edge ?

Here you go =)... https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/calculator/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 31st, 2015 at 1:37:03 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Here you go =)... https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/calculator/

You're so cute, Romes...teaching men to fish. =)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
LAD
LAD
September 1st, 2015 at 10:58:10 AM permalink
Thanks Romes
Romes
Romes
September 2nd, 2015 at 8:51:13 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You're so cute, Romes...teaching men to fish. =)

I try =D.

Quote: LAD

Thanks Romes

Glad I could help!
  • Jump to: