Xtran
Xtran
  • Threads: 1
August 6th, 2015 at 12:59:34 PM permalink
Hey there,

First off, I'm new on this forum, so hello to all people reading this!

I'm an Econometrics/Quantitative finance major and I had some serious trouble coming up with a topic for my bachelor's thesis. Eventually I managed and, since I turned 21 last summer, we headed to Vegas to celebrate. Beforehand I'd read up on card counting (not very seriously, I was just interested) and what struck me is that although the systems are solid, none of them seem to implement their counts into their strategy.

Simply put: is there a system that doesn't rely on basic strategy, but incorporates their type of count into the optimal decision to make? I understand that this won't matter so much for the high counts, but for the low counts it seems like this might impact the effectiveness of the card counting.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!
nickolay411
nickolay411
  • Threads: 13
August 6th, 2015 at 1:07:13 PM permalink
Quote: Xtran

and what struck me is that although the systems are solid, none of them seem to implement their counts into their strategy.

Sure they do. They are called Index Plays. Some famous ones are the Illustrious 18. These are basic strategy deviations you take when the count warrants it.

Please see here:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/card-counting/high-low/

Read from Step 5.

Is this what you meant, or am I missing something?
Xtran
Xtran
  • Threads: 1
August 6th, 2015 at 1:32:58 PM permalink
That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!
nickolay411
nickolay411
  • Threads: 13
August 6th, 2015 at 3:07:24 PM permalink
Glad to help.
  • Jump to: