Thread Rating:

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 6th, 2015 at 5:13:26 PM permalink
Quote: Avincow

This is silly, if you truly think standing on 16v10 gave you away as a counter, you are being too paranoid. Every other ploppy is making this play! Moving your bets with the count and taking insurance at the 'right' times are the plays that gave you away. An 'AP Supervisor' wouldn't back you off for standing on 16v10.

Actually I have had several different pit friends tell me that how a player play 16 vs 10 is one of the leading tipoffs. Ploppies play the hand wrong but they do it consistently. Counters play it one way at neutral and negative counts and another at positive counts and because it is such a common hand it is easy to see that. Taking insurance sometimes but not other times is also a leading indicator.

Don't misunderstand me, it is not that these plays confirm anything, it is an evaluation that will reveal moving money with the count that confirms. But it is these different play hands that often tip off pit/surveillance that they should take a closer look at the player. These plays are 'tells'.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
July 6th, 2015 at 5:34:50 PM permalink
Quote: Avincow

This is silly, if you truly think standing on 16v10 gave you away as a counter, you are being too paranoid. Every other ploppy is making this play! Moving your bets with the count and taking insurance at the 'right' times are the plays that gave you away. An 'AP Supervisor' wouldn't back you off for standing on 16v10.

I heard the a$$hole supervisor say it out loud..."he's always standing on 16 vs 10, I think he's counting." It doesn't get much clearer than this. I'm not stupid. I started this 20 years ago! And read again. I didn't get booted or backed off. Just figured out.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Avincow
Avincow
  • Threads: 24
July 6th, 2015 at 6:38:35 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I heard the a$$hole supervisor say it out loud..."he's always standing on 16 vs 10, I think he's counting." It doesn't get much clearer than this. I'm not stupid. I started this 20 years ago! And read again. I didn't get booted or backed off. Just figured out.

Well in that case..... Damn lol
  • Jump to: