kitties666
kitties666
  • Threads: 11
January 20th, 2015 at 7:26:47 PM permalink
my past two trips to mohegan i lost a few dollars while others at the table made significant gains. one even went as far as to thank me for being there (but, of course, did not share a dime of his $4k+ winnings). beginning to think i'm cursed...i plan to play again this week anyway. if it happens again, i quit!
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
January 20th, 2015 at 7:52:45 PM permalink
That happened to me over at South Point the other day.

I'm hanging in there by the skin of my teeth, guy next to me is up about 80 units, mostly from landing 90% of the BJs that come out (which, admittedly, I appreciated... it meant they weren't landing on the dealer...), and across the table, another guy's up about 50 units, all flat betting.

I think they noticed that they were the only ones making any headway, as they insisted on covering all my drinks.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 20th, 2015 at 8:09:06 PM permalink
Are not the drinks free anyway?
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
January 20th, 2015 at 8:12:59 PM permalink
Well, insisted on covering tip.
kitties666
kitties666
  • Threads: 11
January 20th, 2015 at 8:39:59 PM permalink
yeah this dude got tons of 20's & BJ's as well. agreed on the dealer not getting blackjack. i took it harder this time around because the douche collecting chips was playing somewhat poorly. every time there was a bad decision to be made, he at least contemplated it & every so often he'd make compulsive or bad calls...but of course, he had the audacity to criticize everyone else's staunch basic strategy/common index plays. to make it worse, dude pressed & won...would be great to witness the comedown from that pipe dream. some large gangster showed up at the table & began wrecking the flow, so my pal & i left. hopefully, the bad vibes got 'em...lol. what was impressive was that almost every shoe was loaded. of course, i was on the wrong side of it.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 21st, 2015 at 1:10:36 PM permalink
Quote: kitties666

my past two trips to mohegan i lost a few dollars while others at the table made significant gains. one even went as far as to thank me for being there (but, of course, did not share a dime of his $4k+ winnings). beginning to think i'm cursed...i plan to play again this week anyway. if it happens again, i quit!

This is sadly going to happen to you again sometime (be it today, tomorrow, months, etc). Are you an AP/Counter? I personally have had a losing streak last months, losing every big bet I placed in super high counts, while watching everyone min betting around me get the blackjacks and 20's. It can be frustrating, but it's just part of the variance in the game...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: