warpzones
warpzones
  • Threads: 8
November 15th, 2014 at 6:48:40 AM permalink
Hey All

I have been hinted at that Blackjack may be the game where you can get an edge over the house and actually win in the long-run

Is this true?

If so, How would one go about doing so?

Someone said something about using the Kelly Criterion and hedging bets

Could some please describe to me how this is done?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 15th, 2014 at 6:55:36 AM permalink
you don't hedge your bets [although if you have the edge that would be OK I think]

the Kelly is a bet-sizing thing to max results and hedge against ruin

Wizard has a bunch on it. Do your homework

https://wizardofodds.com/gambling/kelly-criterion/
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
warpzones
warpzones
November 15th, 2014 at 7:11:10 AM permalink
gambit, could you please confirm wether or not blackjack is the game you are referring to where one may gain an edge over the house?

Is the "situation" you were hinting at blackjack??

Thanks for the link I will look into it further
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 15th, 2014 at 7:21:10 AM permalink
see your other thread
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
warpzones
warpzones
November 15th, 2014 at 11:57:30 AM permalink
Would anyone care to describe in step-by-step detail what the best proven blackjack strategy is?

I am sure many would benefit from having it thoroughly explained..
warpzones
warpzones
November 15th, 2014 at 12:11:43 PM permalink
Ok I looked around a little and found this: https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/

So... are progressive bets used or does one simply flat bet?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 15th, 2014 at 12:39:24 PM permalink
Look up "card counting".
theOmega623
theOmega623
  • Threads: 16
November 16th, 2014 at 5:39:57 AM permalink
It would take us several pages to explain card counting to you in full detail, but yes Blackjack can certainly be beaten. I recommend purchasing a few books such as 'Professional Blackjack' by Stanford Wong or 'Blackjack for Blood' by Bryce Carlson. If not, you can do a search for the following card counting systems & should be able to find a good amount of information on any of them:

Hi-Lo
KO
REKO
Zen
Advanced Omega II
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 16th, 2014 at 5:56:15 AM permalink
Quote: warpzones

Would anyone care to describe in step-by-step detail what the best proven blackjack strategy is?

I am sure many would benefit from having it thoroughly explained..

The Gamemaster's Blackjack School can be found online. It's 24 lessons that you can study at your own pace and will answer most of your questions. You can ask any other questions that you have right here. Start at the beginning and don't skip anything.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
November 17th, 2014 at 6:36:31 AM permalink
Quote: warpzones

...Could some please describe to me how this is done?

I understand you're an eager beaver to just have everyone give you the answers you're looking for. Unfortunately (for you right now) this is a fairly competent forum, so most of the questions are after the poster has done their own original research on the topic. It's clear you haven't even typed in "card counting" to google, youtube, etc. That can give you the basics, let alone the Wizard has blackjack and hi/low counting pages with full detail. EVERYTHING you need is contained on pages around the Wizards sites. Hell, if you simply read a few pages through these blackjack threads you would have found my A-Z Card Counting Thread... in which I attempted to gather most this info from all the different pages and condense them to one 'how to' thread.

Please read, re-read, and practice thoroughly... Then get the books recommended, practice some more, then come back with your more concise questions in a few months =). By that time you should have a great grasp on things!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: