odedcohen1
odedcohen1
  • Threads: 3
September 19th, 2014 at 8:38:41 AM permalink
Hi,
If I play solo against the dealer I have more information than in a multiplayer game since I know that if I don't take the next card the dealer will receive it.
Does this change my strategy?
Sincerely,
Oded
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 19th, 2014 at 8:44:58 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
odedcohen1
odedcohen1
September 19th, 2014 at 8:50:32 AM permalink
Care to elaborate?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 19th, 2014 at 9:07:03 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 19th, 2014 at 9:22:11 AM permalink
Quote: odedcohen1

Hi,
If I play solo against the dealer I have more information than in a multiplayer game since I know that if I don't take the next card the dealer will receive it.
Does this change my strategy?
Sincerely,
Oded

Only if you have next card information but it doesn't seem like that's what you mean. Other than that, the next card to be played is random. This is another version of third base taking the dealers break card or staying and giving him a pat hand. Stick with basic strategy and you'll see things balance out..... well almost. Do you count, oded?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
odedcohen1
odedcohen1
September 19th, 2014 at 9:38:36 AM permalink
Lets put counting out of the equation for a moment.
Imagine two different situations:
1) normal blackjack, and you have to decide whether to stand or hit.
2) special blackjack, and you have to decide whether to stand or hit- the only difference is that there are two different decks-
if you hit you take from the first deck. The dealer takes the next card from the second deck.

Are 1 & 2 exactly the same?
WBGamble
WBGamble
  • Threads: 2
September 19th, 2014 at 11:32:12 AM permalink

2) special blackjack, and you have to decide whether to stand or hit- the only difference is that there are two different decks-
if you hit you take from the first deck. The dealer takes the next card from the second deck.

Not exactly the same, but extremely close. What deck dealt out the hands? Is each a single deck? In the op, nothing changes unless you know what the next card off is
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
September 19th, 2014 at 12:15:11 PM permalink

This is getting much more confusing than your original question. Do you have some weird game like this, or were you simply trying to make an example?

In any case, like others said you can't "steer" the next card to the dealer because you don't know what it is. It's just as likely to help as hurt since it can be considered random, unless you somehow know what the next card coming is.

To the other point, you get more information when there's more players at the table because you can see their cards. The more cards you see the more you can "account" for to make the next card less random. An extreme example of this is to show yourself the first card of a single deck, then try to guess the 2nd card. You'll more than likely get it wrong! However, show yourself the first 51 cards of a single deck, then try to guess the last card =p. Laying all the cards out you'll of course always know the last card. Thus, when other players are at the table you can see their hands and "count" their cards (if you're counting) which gives you a better understanding of the remaining cards.

edit - even if you're not counting, if you have 16 to dealers 10, and you see 4 other players at the table with 5-5-5-5... well you know all the 5's are out of the shoe, and you're much less likely to make 21.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
September 20th, 2014 at 9:19:26 AM permalink

Care to elaborate?

Imagine a simple two players, a single dice and a cup: The dice is rolled hidden within the cup. The person who lifts the cup wins if the exposed dice has an even number of points, but loses if the dice have an odd number of points.

Do you really think you have an advantage if you can decide who would lift the cup ? You only do if you know the points of the hidden dice (or have a somehow better-than-random guess).
  • Jump to: