elliottn
elliottn
  • Threads: 1
August 18th, 2014 at 3:11:47 PM permalink
First, I want to thank you for having such a wonderful repository of useful information.

I was wondering if you could talk about or show how to develop the double deck basic strategy including exceptions and House Edge Calculations for a game where the dealer uses a cut card and the following rules:
Number of decks of cards used: 2
Dealer hits or stands on a soft 17: Hits
Player can double after a split: Yes
Player can double on: 8-11 only
Player can resplit to: 4 hands
Player can resplit aces: No
Player can hit split aces: No
Player loses only original bet against dealer BJ: Yes
Surrender rule: None
Blackjack pays: 3 to 2

I have foundwhich is similar to what I am looking for with regard to the exceptions but it is for stands on soft 17. Nothing I have found includes information on how to handle the cut card.
motrek
motrek
  • Threads: 4
August 19th, 2014 at 12:40:45 PM permalink
I used my new app ("Blackjack X") to look up basic strategy for you. Here you go:

http://www.roamingtrek.com/blackjackx/wizardofvegas.html

The only difference is that I don't have an option for doubling on 8-11, only 9-11.

I thought the Ace, 8 vs. 6 scenario was a little unusual and ran that through the hand analyzer:

http://www.roamingtrek.com/blackjackx/wizardofvegas.png

As you can see, the difference between doubling and hitting is pretty small but doubling is better.

According to the app, the house advantage is approximately 0.6% (calculated via Monte Carlo simulation in the Shoe menu).
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
August 19th, 2014 at 1:01:39 PM permalink
Quote: motrek

I thought the Ace, 8 vs. 6 scenario was a little unusual and ran that through the hand analyzer:

This is the most common argument I get into with people. They insist I don't know basic strategy, and get all offended when I make the play.

Doubling 8-11 shouldn't be an issue; I'm not aware of any basic strategy situation where doubling 8 is appropriate (that's an advanced strategy deviation).
May the cards fall in your favor.
motrek
motrek
  • Threads: 4
August 19th, 2014 at 1:15:49 PM permalink
So I just switched the app to allow doubling in any situation and checked the strategy card. You're right that you don't double on hard 8s, but you do double on soft 18s vs. dealer <= 6.
  • Jump to: