Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
June 8th, 2014 at 6:34:06 PM permalink
I am writing an article about a bizarre promo where you are basically playing with money won from the house and have two options:

1) Take the cash
2) Try to double it on a hand of blackjack that has terrible rules with the ability to receive free play for half of the bet if you lose.

One of these terrible rules is no double down and no split (the others are even money BJ, H17 and no surrender, all of which I can figure the odds).

Does anyone know offhand how much not being allowed to double or split adds to the house edge? I will be happy to link out to your site in the article for your help if you wish (I'm already linking to WOO). Either way, thank you in advance.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
June 8th, 2014 at 6:45:34 PM permalink
1.91% is lost to the player, so on a 0.5% typical game, Blackjack becomes a 2.4% house edge game.

Let's say is goes from 0.5% to 2.5%; house edge increases by a factor of 5. On a carny promotion, it would be truly a carnival game, I mean "on the boardwalk with clown suits dealing the game. In real life, You'd have blackjack games with holds of 40%, and its popularity would die over night.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
June 8th, 2014 at 6:48:03 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

1.91% is lost to the player, so on a 0.5% typical game, Blackjack becomes a 2.4% house edge game.

Let's say is goes from 0.5% to 2.5%; house edge increases by a factor of 5. You'd have blackjack games with holds of 40%, and its popularity would die over night.

TYVM, when I searched that number on the WOO page I found it. I wasn't looking deep enough.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
June 8th, 2014 at 6:49:03 PM permalink
Quote: Pokeraddict

TYVM, when I searched that number on the WOO page I found it. I wasn't looking deep enough.

Trust me and basically, Mike Shackleford has it all pretty much covered. WOO has some deep pages. WOO is an extraordinary oeuvre in the gaming industry, to use a justifiably fancy word here.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: