CloudStrife1212
CloudStrife1212
  • Threads: 10
May 21st, 2010 at 7:12:44 AM permalink
I've been going through the Wizard's Blackjack appendices, and today I came across the "Basic strategy exceptions for three to six cards", appendix 18. I'd never heard of this before, and it poses a question some questions. First, what is the advantage difference in following the changes?

The other is deeper... if someone masters basic strategy, incorporates these changes for 3-6 cards, masters a card counting system, say hi-lo for arguments sake, and masters the illustrious 18, what is the maximum possible advantage a player can eke out of a table. Say the rules are 6 deck shoe, hit soft 17, no surrender, double any two cards, only one card on split aces, no resplit, resplit all other numbers to four hands. Anyone?
nyuhoosier
nyuhoosier
  • Threads: 31
May 21st, 2010 at 7:33:55 AM permalink
I have a similar question, though I've never considered mastering the appendices in such detail.

The Wizard also offers a middle-of-the-road approach to basic strategy exceptions, with the following.

Always: Stand on 16 vs 10 with 3 or more cards. This is the only such (simplified) exception to [EDIT multideck] games where the dealer hits soft 17.

My question: What is the statistical advantage of using this exception?
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 21st, 2010 at 10:59:34 AM permalink
the key to getting these playing changes based on the composition of cards or on the count is to learn one at a time. once its cemented in your head, then add another to learn. if you try to tackle everything at once, you wont get very far.
CloudStrife1212
CloudStrife1212
  • Threads: 10
May 22nd, 2010 at 2:03:17 AM permalink
For the moment I'm not too worried about getting all the details down that well. For now I'm just looking for the numbers. Thing I'm trying to figure out is what is the max possible percentage edge based on the above rules that a Player can have following all of those aspects of play?
  • Jump to: