Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
March 30th, 2014 at 11:10:27 PM permalink
This article may have been posted here before as it is nice and old by now but I only happened across it today. I don't have the search function of this site available to me for some reason. Anyway, the article is interesting enough in my opinion that the new people might enjoy it too?

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/ZGInterview.pdf

I especially found the "go with the force" description of higher powers at blackjack fascinating. He doesn't really believe and he knows blackjack well but he still allows himself indulgences.

I really enjoyed the article. Again, apologies if it has been posted before.
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
March 31st, 2014 at 4:16:07 AM permalink
Good article, thanks for the post!
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 31st, 2014 at 4:48:33 AM permalink
Looks mightily interesting indeed, Tomspur; I'll read it later today, thanks!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 31st, 2014 at 5:24:17 AM permalink
Thanks for the article. I actually recognized some of the names.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
March 31st, 2014 at 5:58:13 AM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

This article may have been posted here before as it is nice and old by now but I only happened across it today. I don't have the search function of this site available to me for some reason. Anyway, the article is interesting enough in my opinion that the new people might enjoy it too?

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/ZGInterview.pdf

I especially found the "go with the force" description of higher powers at blackjack fascinating. He doesn't really believe and he knows blackjack well but he still allows himself indulgences.

I really enjoyed the article. Again, apologies if it has been posted before.

Great read. Reminded me of some things.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Scan
Scan
  • Threads: 91
March 31st, 2014 at 6:00:51 AM permalink
Ditto. Thanks for the article
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
March 31st, 2014 at 8:01:15 AM permalink
That was Marcus Dalton.

He ran a securities boiler room operation for almost twenty years and cheated investors out of $200 million.

He escaped a longer stretch by unmasking 14 other boiler room operations.

This dirt bag is a life long scam artist.

Even in this prison interview, he's still at it.

"Meta-awareness" "Go with the force"

What BS.

The only believable part was Don Schlesinger calling his approach "sloppy, with no inherent advantage over precise."
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
March 31st, 2014 at 9:46:46 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

That was Marcus Dalton.

He ran a securities boiler room operation for almost twenty years and cheated investors out of $200 million.

What BS.

The only believable part was Don Schlesinger calling his approach "sloppy, with no inherent advantage over precise."

This guy is on many forums as Zengrifter and he also has his own forum. I'm not going to post it but it's easy enough to find.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
March 31st, 2014 at 3:11:00 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

This guy is on many forums as Zengrifter and he also has his own forum. I'm not going to post it but it's easy enough to find.

I'll post it. It's the Z-Zone. I have read this article before. People (i.e. Tanko) can call this guy a scumbag all you want, the point is not invalid. But it certainly has an air of ignorance. Earlier in his life, this guy was playing for real money and real consequences. What actions would you have taken under such corrosive influence? He obviously has some character flaws, he seems to be a megalomaniac. But there's some brilliance there too. Calling him a scumbag is kind of like that guy at the bar who makes $20K a year screaming idiot at the coach on television who makes $1 million a year.
I personally sympathize. Card counters are seen as grifters by many, and this I have experienced. I imagine he tried to walk the line, but was on the wrong side. It's in our nature to push the rules to the limit.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
March 31st, 2014 at 3:35:14 PM permalink
He can spout all the zen new age nonsense he wants, but for the love of Bohr leave quantum physics out if it. Now, I am not a scientist, but I am getting tired of people pointing to quantum physics observation effects as validity for the idea that consciousness can can cause physical change. Neither Schrodinger nor his cat ever suggested anything of the sort.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Swanson234
Swanson234
  • Threads: 13
March 31st, 2014 at 3:39:51 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

That was Marcus Dalton.

What BS.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1999/0111/6301018a.html
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 31st, 2014 at 3:44:24 PM permalink
Oh, good Lord, is that cat STILL in the box? lol....
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
March 31st, 2014 at 3:52:59 PM permalink
Well, since we have gotten to this point, I will weigh in with my thoughts on Zg. Zengifter was a member of the first blackjack site that I joined blackjackinfo and later on Norm's site, when BJinfo shut down. Now by the time, I joined the BJ community about 6 years ago I guess, ZG, really wasn't into blackjack any more. When he did post about BJ, it was quickly obvious that he had a good deal of knowledge, but unfortunately, he was more interested in non-blackjack topics, and 'stirring the pot' anytime there was any kind of situation or controversy between members. In fairness to him, I should state that some members held a grudge against him based on his past. I don't judge people like that. I got along fine with zg and enjoyed some of his posts. He had a good sense of humor. But at times he went too far.

On Norm's site, he went way too far. He is one of a very small handful of people that Norm permanently banned, after numerous warnings. And since that banning, he has spent nearly every waking moment cyber-attacking norms site in every way he can think of. His behavior has been very disappointing. You can read a lot of this on Zg's site, listed in an earlier post. And while you are there, just read through some of the nonsense. Every conspiracy theory for every topic under the sun. Unfortuantely, quite a bit of hate there as well, not necessarily from Zg, but from his little inter circle group over there. Makes for interesting and at times entertaining and at times quite disturbing, reading. lol
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
March 31st, 2014 at 3:53:36 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

He can spout all the zen new age nonsense he wants, but for the love of Bohr leave quantum physics out if it. Now, I am not a scientist, but I am getting tired of people pointing to quantum physics observation effects as validity for the idea that consciousness can can cause physical change. Neither Schrodinger nor his cat ever suggested anything of the sort.

Quantum physics can be applied to any field of study, metaphorically, to better understand things like behavior, organization, structure, etc. But yes, I agree with you. Dr. Evil once said there's nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
March 31st, 2014 at 9:25:13 PM permalink
I don't know the man from a bar of soap, nor do I really care. I'm not going to follow any of his advice and I'm sure as hell not going to purposefully try and get into trouble with the Federal government.

Having said that, here is my take on him. He is indeed a megalomaniac. He loves the sound of his own thoughts. He spouts about metaphycial things and the like not because he believes in them but purely because they will cause people to interact with him, sometimes quite heated too.

He needs constant interaction and praise because of what he perceives he has accomplished in his life previously.

All of that aside, I found the article interesting to read as you don't always get a look into the mind of a guy who counted cards for a living and played with many teams over the years. Due to bad splits and other irrevenrences, those stories usually stay locked down forever and a day.

I found his disguise stories quite interesting too, epsecially because I'm almost 100% sure we got hit at Mandalay Bay a few years ago by almost exactly that self same disguise........

Sometimes an article can just be an article or a movie can simply be a movie (read Wolf of Wall Street). Do I care what Jordan Belfort had done previously in his life......no, did I like the movie, very much.

Sometimes an article is just an article.....
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
March 31st, 2014 at 9:55:39 PM permalink
"Zengrifter" was over at HorS and at ZZone during the last decade of my postings there. I read that article years ago, and its just as relevant to the man and the image. In both of these previous forums, Multiple-On-Line Personalities were strongly suspected not having the traceability of today.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Swanson234
Swanson234
  • Threads: 13
April 1st, 2014 at 8:58:47 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Well, since we have gotten to this point, I will weigh in with my thoughts on Zg. Zengifter was a member of the first blackjack site that I joined blackjackinfo and later on Norm's site, when BJinfo shut down. Now by the time, I joined the BJ community about 6 years ago I guess, ZG, really wasn't into blackjack any more. When he did post about BJ, it was quickly obvious that he had a good deal of knowledge, but unfortunately, he was more interested in non-blackjack topics, and 'stirring the pot' anytime there was any kind of situation or controversy between members. In fairness to him, I should state that some members held a grudge against him based on his past. I don't judge people like that. I got along fine with zg and enjoyed some of his posts. He had a good sense of humor. But at times he went too far.

On Norm's site, he went way too far. He is one of a very small handful of people that Norm permanently banned, after numerous warnings. And since that banning, he has spent nearly every waking moment cyber-attacking norms site in every way he can think of. His behavior has been very disappointing. You can read a lot of this on Zg's site, listed in an earlier post. And while you are there, just read through some of the nonsense. Every conspiracy theory for every topic under the sun. Unfortuantely, quite a bit of hate there as well, not necessarily from Zg, but from his little inter circle group over there. Makes for interesting and at times entertaining and at times quite disturbing, reading. lol

I've looked at his posts on blackjackinfo as well. Extremely intelligent and knowledgable about AP play. Really into eastern sh&^ and conspiracy theories. Hates the government loves Ron Paul. Bit of a narcicist. Maybe he picked up the Eastern sh&^ in prison and the narcicism is a holdover from his boiler room days?

He's actually given some extremely invaluable advice on blackjackinfo.com, stuff that I didn't realize was that valuable at first.
  • Jump to: