bj4fun
bj4fun
  • Threads: 21
February 8th, 2014 at 7:09:05 PM permalink
I was over in PA today for another event (geocaching) but since I was close I headed to Mohegan Sun for a short session. Should have stayed home as the variance was not on my side. Seemed like every time I had a bigger bet out there I'd either get a 16 (thank God for surrender) or the dealer would pull 20 or 21. Yuck!

For those interested, the $5 and $10 games are all CSM, however the $15 and up tables are hand shuffled and dealt from a shoe. Of course its PA rules all around so S17, DAS, LS, etc. The table I was at had a very personable dealer, though he was giving less than stellar advice to players who asked for it. I just kept my mouth shut :)
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 9th, 2014 at 5:53:26 AM permalink
Quote: bj4fun

I was over in PA today for another event (geocaching) but since I was close I headed to Mohegan Sun for a short session. Should have stayed home as the variance was not on my side. Seemed like every time I had a bigger bet out there I'd either get a 16 (thank God for surrender) or the dealer would pull 20 or 21. Yuck!

For those interested, the $5 and $10 games are all CSM, however the $15 and up tables are hand shuffled and dealt from a shoe. Of course its PA rules all around so S17, DAS, LS, etc. The table I was at had a very personable dealer, though he was giving less than stellar advice to players who asked for it. I just kept my mouth shut :)

It's interesting that the Connecticut property has no machines on any of their blackjack games. The few CSMs that they had in the $5 pit have long been removed and, in exchange, that pit was made H17. No one complains because those table minimums never increase. I've mentioned before that my wife plays them with her friends.

The penetration here is atrocious. How is it in PA?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
bj4fun
bj4fun
  • Threads: 21
February 9th, 2014 at 12:28:50 PM permalink
Penetration was about 70-75%. I'm hoping to get back there soon. I haven't ventured over to CT yet. I guess trading the CSMs for H17 makes sense. Though surprised they don't have both in CT, the folks at the $5 tables didn't seem to mind them as they were packed full.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 9th, 2014 at 12:48:00 PM permalink
The $5 tables are packed at 6/5 BJ too. In not the 6 that attracts them, it's the $5.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
February 9th, 2014 at 1:01:32 PM permalink
It was packed as hell yesterday, that's why the higher limits. $10 shoes during the week and most weekends. I fact most table limits have been lowered to $5, but Feb 8th was a full house, all the parking places were taken.
A falling knife has no handle.
  • Jump to: