PlayHunter
PlayHunter
  • Threads: 67
December 13th, 2012 at 9:22:25 AM permalink
Paddypower offer one blackjack game with this following bonus bet. - I will post the full rule as per their terms regarding it:

"The Bonus Bet is available independently of each main bet. In other words, you are not required to place a wager in the larger "Bet" circle in order to place a "Bonus Bet" wager. If you receive a Blackjack on a hand on which you placed a Bonus Bet, then you win!

Before normal Blackjack hand play commences, each winning Bonus Bet plays out. An award display appears, cycling through possible award values. Click on the BONUS button to display your award. Awards range from 5 to 1000 times your Bonus Bet. You receive your Bonus Bet award irrespective of the Dealer's hand and irrespective of the outcome of your main bet.

If a Blackjack is not dealt to a given hand, any corresponding Bonus Bet is forfeited."

I have played this game a bit and have observed that when you hit a blackjack the bonus bet usually pays between 10x to 15x most of the time. The highest I have got it, was at 75x for two times and the lowest was 7x a couple of times. - Wonder how it is "random" ?
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
December 13th, 2012 at 10:20:52 AM permalink
The bonus bet is a simple bet on a blackjack of the main hand. Since the probabiliy of a Blackjack is 8/169 (for an infinite deck), a fair bonus bet would need to pay 161 to 8 (or 20.125 to 1).

Unless you know the exact payout structure there is no way to calculate the house edge of the bet, but 10% would not be much of a surprise.
  • Jump to: