hoppala
hoppala
  • Threads: 4
November 12th, 2012 at 6:02:10 AM permalink
Hi!

Im currently trying to beat a BJ Game with some unusual rules. Allthough i seem to have an advantage as player i still end up loosing. Allthough this might be due to temporary bad luck streak i want to make sure i use everything i can to beat it.

Would appreciate tipps how to exploit this particular rules!

The rules are:

Dealer Stands on soft 17
1 Deck
No peek
Surrender on any Card
Double Down on any Card
Split any Pair
No resplits
No double after split
BJ pays 1.5x
5 Card Charly rule
Split hand - Hit as much as you want (like normal hand)
Split A + 10 = BJ

Probably the weirdest rule in this game is how splits are handled:

Say i play my first split hand, dont bust and stand for instance on 18. The dealer Busts with 24, this means the dealer will bust on the second split hand as well with the very same cards. So on the second hand even if i have 4 i simply stand, because the dealer inevitably will bust.

Obviously if the dealer gets BJ on first split i take insurance on the second as he will inevitably have BJ again.

In this scenario, highly favourable, should i split on every single opportunity?

And how Should I incorporate 5 Card Charly Rule into my strategy? When should i risk hitting on 4 cards, even though basic strategy says not to?

Thankful for any tips!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 12th, 2012 at 6:50:48 AM permalink
Quote: hoppala

Obviously if the dealer gets BJ on first split i take insurance on the second as he will inevitably have BJ again.

Are you saying that you get to know the dealer's cards before you have to act on the second split hand? That sounds like a really terrible programming glitch.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
hoppala
hoppala
  • Threads: 4
November 12th, 2012 at 7:19:20 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Are you saying that you get to know the dealer's cards before you have to act on the second split hand? That sounds like a really terrible programming glitch.

yes that is what im saying.

edit: its not for real cash, i just want to develop the right strategy for it and win on it.
  • Jump to: