WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
March 11th, 2012 at 1:34:33 PM permalink
The biggest win I've ever had was the day I decided to quick betting sports games! Why risk your money on people who dont give a shit about you or whether or not they cover the spread. Whether the football crossed the goal line in the last second of play to determine an over/under win worth X amount of dollars? C'mon mon! It took me 10 years to figure that out but Ive save hundreds of thousands of dollars since. I consider that a huge win! I'll continue to make my money on the poker and craps tables only... and that is consistant with knowledge, management and discipline.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 11th, 2012 at 1:47:31 PM permalink
Sports must be easier than horse racing. In a horse race, you have to fix it so that ONE out of EIGHT wins, but in any sports event, the fix will be in for only ONE out of TWO possibilities.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 11th, 2012 at 1:50:09 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Sports must be easier than horse racing. In a horse race, you have to fix it so that ONE out of EIGHT wins, but in any sports event, the fix will be in for only ONE out of TWO possibilities.

NASCAR, 1 out of 43. Funny thing is, that's where my biggest win came from ;)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
March 11th, 2012 at 1:52:13 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

The biggest win I've ever had was the day I decided to quick betting sports games! Why risk your money on people who dont give a shit about you or whether or not they cover the spread. Whether the football crossed the goal line in the last second of play to determine an over/under win worth X amount of dollars? C'mon mon! It took me 10 years to figure that out but Ive save hundreds of thousands of dollars since. I consider that a huge win! I'll continue to make my money on the poker and craps tables only... and that is consistant with knowledge, management and discipline.

I'm going to bet most (most...) athletes could care less about the spread and more about winning/losing. Why is it that you feel victimized when the team kneels it inside the 5, instead of trying to cover the spread with a FG?

I feel the real problem here is that you are gambling and expect to win in the long run. Good luck at the poker table and craps table, but realize that craps tables exist to take money from you, and poker tables rake from everyone. The only way you are going to win at a poker table is by taking someone else money, which I'll admit, I do, but it doesn't mean I don't sometimes feel bad doing it (I had quads the other day, while the other guy had top full house...seing a guy lose $800 kind of nullifies the effect of winning $800ish dollars)...
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 11th, 2012 at 2:01:25 PM permalink
Funny stuff... and it actually does go on. Unfortunately Im not tapped into anyone that is capable of fixing games. College hoops is the easiest to do. The ex nba ref who fixed games is now a sports handicapper. Can you believe the balls on that guy? lol He is putting it in the face of the feds and the NBA.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 11th, 2012 at 2:15:03 PM permalink
Quote: Triplell

..seeing a guy lose $800 kind of nullifies the effect of winning $800ish dollars...

I always thought that was part of the fun!
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
March 11th, 2012 at 2:24:09 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I always thought that was part of the fun!

If the guy is a real prick, or a snobbish douchebag, or anything else that gets on my nerves, I'll admit, I don't mind. This guy was rather nice, however, and it kind of sucked that he just got matched up against me when I happened to catch a monster hand...
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 11th, 2012 at 5:03:08 PM permalink
It is funny how people say 'sorry dude' or 'sorry about that' when they beat someone in a hand of poker... I know it is just a nice gesture to do but why lie? I never say Im sorry for winning... because Im not sorry. Actually I am very happy. I actually play the game to win. I dont mock, criticize, not gloat. I just take my chips and play. Ill buy the guy a beer at the bar later if I see him.
Llew
Llew
  • Threads: 6
March 27th, 2012 at 9:06:26 AM permalink
The cards and the dice care even less about your gambling success than the athletes.
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
March 27th, 2012 at 9:15:36 AM permalink
Quote: Face

NASCAR, 1 out of 43. Funny thing is, that's where my biggest win came from ;)

Juan Pablo Montoya on any road course is probably a good bet, I imagine.
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
March 27th, 2012 at 9:30:56 AM permalink
Quote: progrocker

Juan Pablo Montoya on any road course is probably a good bet, I imagine.

unless he is crashing into a jet dryer
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 27th, 2012 at 9:38:34 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

The biggest win I've ever had was the day I decided to quick betting sports games!

How do you quick bet sports games?

Is there an app for that?
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: