TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
January 4th, 2011 at 2:07:47 PM permalink
Was playing Video Poker over the weekend ($1 8/5 Bonus Poker) on some of the new Game Maker HD Machines (http://ballytech.com/Uploads/GAMECENTER/Game/CabinetImage/GameMakerHD_Ste2_Cinevision%20-%20Web.jpg)
Usually I play the standard Game Kings, but I thought I'd give these ones a shot since they're a lot more comfortable to play than a standard UpRight or SlantTop. (The buttons lay flat, so you can lay your hands flat and rest your elbows)
I stuck in a $100 (I realize playing $5 a pop, $100 is only 20 hands). In a matter of a few hands, I had hit a quad...a little while afterwards, another quad...it just kept happening..quad after quad after quad.
All said and done, I finished when I had reached $800. (Because I had previously lost $500 on craps the night before)..stranger even, I had hit 11, yes ELEVEN quad 9's. (Out of 13 total quads)
I wasn't about to argue with being up $700 on the machine, but I thought it odd...
So the next day, I was going to play this same machine again, but apparently the entire bank was down for service (4 machines in a 2-by-2 back-to-back formation). It LOOKED like an independant tech was working on them (I noticed they were in some sort of programming mode; what looked to be DOS)
So, later on that day, I went back and the machines were back in service, so I sat down at the same machine...again, right off the bat I started hitting quads, but this time with more varying cards (8's, 10's, Q's, 7's, 5's, Dealt 3's)..Finally I held 3 Aces and BAM, nailed the 4th for a $400 hit. Once more I had started with $100 and rallied it up to $1000.
I didn't press my luck and try it again the 3rd day...but I do plan to try it again in the near future.
(I'm not usually a $1 player, usually play 25c, but I figured WTF for $100 right?...not too bad of a profit weekend)
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
January 4th, 2011 at 2:36:10 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

Was playing Video Poker over the weekend ($1 8/5 Bonus Poker) on some of the new Game Maker HD Machines (http://ballytech.com/Uploads/GAMECENTER/Game/CabinetImage/GameMakerHD_Ste2_Cinevision%20-%20Web.jpg)
Usually I play the standard Game Kings, but I thought I'd give these ones a shot since they're a lot more comfortable to play than a standard UpRight or SlantTop. (The buttons lay flat, so you can lay your hands flat and rest your elbows)
I stuck in a $100 (I realize playing $5 a pop, $100 is only 20 hands). In a matter of a few hands, I had hit a quad...a little while afterwards, another quad...it just kept happening..quad after quad after quad.
All said and done, I finished when I had reached $800. (Because I had previously lost $500 on craps the night before)..stranger even, I had hit 11, yes ELEVEN quad 9's. (Out of 13 total quads)
I wasn't about to argue with being up $700 on the machine, but I thought it odd...
So the next day, I was going to play this same machine again, but apparently the entire bank was down for service (4 machines in a 2-by-2 back-to-back formation). It LOOKED like an independant tech was working on them (I noticed they were in some sort of programming mode; what looked to be DOS)
So, later on that day, I went back and the machines were back in service, so I sat down at the same machine...again, right off the bat I started hitting quads, but this time with more varying cards (8's, 10's, Q's, 7's, 5's, Dealt 3's)..Finally I held 3 Aces and BAM, nailed the 4th for a $400 hit. Once more I had started with $100 and rallied it up to $1000.
I didn't press my luck and try it again the 3rd day...but I do plan to try it again in the near future.
(I'm not usually a $1 player, usually play 25c, but I figured WTF for $100 right?...not too bad of a profit weekend)

This is very odd if the game was true.

According to the Wizard's 8-5 Bonus web page, there are 47,102,059,476 ways to get quads out of 19,933,230,517,200 possible combinations. Playing the Wizard's optimal strategy, you should only win with quads an average of once every 423 hands.

I would get back there and keep playing until they pried my cold dead fingers off the "Bet Max" button.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
January 4th, 2011 at 4:05:50 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

According to the Wizard's 8-5 Bonus web page, there are 47,102,059,476 ways to get quads out of 19,933,230,517,200 possible combinations. Playing the Wizard's optimal strategy, you should only win with quads an average of once every 423 hands.

I would get back there and keep playing until they pried my cold dead fingers off the "Bet Max" button.

Basically! That's what I told myself! "I'm not leaving until I crack this damn $4000 royal!"....however, Both times, at one point, I LITERALLY lost 20 hands almost straight (dropped $100 QUICKLY) and therefore quit.
On another note, how I found this machine, was I won $20 free slot play 2 weeks ago, and I played it on this machine because it was the closest to the promotion desk, LOL....on my $20, playing nickles, I think I played for 3 hours.
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
January 4th, 2011 at 4:14:17 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

Quote: Ayecarumba

Basically! That's what I told myself! "I'm not leaving until I crack this damn $4000 royal!"....however, Both times, at one point, I LITERALLY lost 20 hands almost straight (dropped $100 QUICKLY) and therefore quit.
On another note, how I found this machine, was I won $20 free slot play 2 weeks ago, and I played it on this machine because it was the closest to the promotion desk, LOL....on my $20, playing nickles, I think I played for 3 hours.

Hehe, once you've tasted a $400 win, it's hard to be happy when you win $12.50 playing nickles.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: