OzzyOsbourne
OzzyOsbourne
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 184
October 31st, 2014 at 3:17:32 PM permalink
Hit this progressive at Harrah's Rincon in San Diego. Apparently a progressive had been removed from another machine and added to this game on Monday, which is why it was so large (Player edge 3%). Took 7 hours and the banks were pretty much empty other than 1 other player there for maybe 4 out of the 7 hours I was there. Huge thanks to mickeycrimm for writing about the play on the forums!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

casino's money disappears the execs worry when the wizard is near He turns tears into joy Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 4063
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:34:43 AM permalink
Quote: OzzyOsbourne

... Took 7 hours...




Wow ! Bl00dy well done !!!

That sounds like a really committed bit of AP play that worked out spectacularly well.
May I ask how much you pumped into the machine to achieve that, and at how much per play? How long were you prepared to play it for?
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 291
  • Posts: 8119
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:38:19 AM permalink
I admit, I'm jealous as hell!

Congratulations!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
Joined: Jul 13, 2013
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2299
November 2nd, 2014 at 6:06:14 AM permalink
Quote: OzzyOsbourne

Hit this progressive at Harrah's Rincon in San Diego. Apparently a progressive had been removed from another machine and added to this game on Monday, which is why it was so large (Player edge 3%). Took 7 hours and the banks were pretty much empty other than 1 other player there for maybe 4 out of the 7 hours I was there. Huge thanks to mickeycrimm for writing about the play on the forums!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!



Alan said they had hung an extra $45,000 into the meter.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
OzzyOsbourne
OzzyOsbourne
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 184
November 2nd, 2014 at 9:01:30 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Wow ! Bl00dy well done !!!

That sounds like a really committed bit of AP play that worked out spectacularly well.
May I ask how much you pumped into the machine to achieve that, and at how much per play? How long were you prepared to play it for?



Ha thanks, there is a longer write up in the VP forums where I talk about the whole experience.

I was down 13,100 when I hit it. 25 bucks a hand. I was prepared to play however long it took. I suspect it was about to be swarmed by a team, so I was going to play until somebody hit it. Realistically, probably the next 48 hours with maybe a four hour sleep break in between? Really glad I didn't have to find out.
casino's money disappears the execs worry when the wizard is near He turns tears into joy Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8591
November 2nd, 2014 at 10:20:03 PM permalink
The hand you hit the royal on (QT clubs), was that proper basic strategy (as if RF paid $20K), or did you throw something away that you normally would not have (like a low pair)?


That's the one thing that scares me about playing a RF progressive -- it could take a very long time before someone hits the RF....especially if there are only a few machines that have little play.
# Свободный Натан
yy888888
yy888888
Joined: May 19, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 15
November 3rd, 2014 at 3:47:20 AM permalink
Quote: OzzyOsbourne

Hit this progressive at Harrah's Rincon in San Diego. Apparently a progressive had been removed from another machine and added to this game on Monday, which is why it was so large (Player edge 3%). Took 7 hours and the banks were pretty much empty other than 1 other player there for maybe 4 out of the 7 hours I was there. Huge thanks to mickeycrimm for writing about the play on the forums!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!



You won $74 million dollars on that hit? wow! Congrats! We don't have video poker here in Singapore :(
OzzyOsbourne
OzzyOsbourne
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 184
November 3rd, 2014 at 9:42:45 AM permalink
Nope 74 thousand. 74 million would have been nice though
casino's money disappears the execs worry when the wizard is near He turns tears into joy Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by
OzzyOsbourne
OzzyOsbourne
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 184
November 3rd, 2014 at 9:43:57 AM permalink
Quote: RS

The hand you hit the royal on (QT clubs), was that proper basic strategy (as if RF paid $20K), or did you throw something away that you normally would not have (like a low pair)?


That's the one thing that scares me about playing a RF progressive -- it could take a very long time before someone hits the RF....especially if there are only a few machines that have little play.



It was still the proper strategy. A low pair was still the correct play over QT suited assuming the royal was at 72k. The strategy really doesn't change that much.
casino's money disappears the execs worry when the wizard is near He turns tears into joy Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by
SkyRunner
SkyRunner
Joined: Nov 3, 2014
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 4
November 3rd, 2014 at 9:11:18 PM permalink
Quote: yy888888

Congrats! We don't have video poker here in Singapore :(



Of course we do - 2 (T-W-O) $1 machines on the MBS (the worlds highest grossing casino *sigh*) main floor at the foot of the escalator. Used to be 5 a year ago, 4 a few months ago, so hurry up ;-)

Not being a VP expert a quick look at WOO exposed the paytables to be on the very lower end, so i didnt bother. Many games were selectable incl. JoB and Deuces Wild.

Back to topic: Congrats to OP!

Sky

  • Jump to: