Thread Rating:

Jvan
Jvan
  • Threads: 1
October 14th, 2011 at 8:45:32 PM permalink
Ok I know that the Iron cross system does not pan out. My question is, how do my odds change if I also put down a come bet? I am slightly leveraged if a seven drops and if any other number hits I can take odds on it (except 2,3,12) but then my field bet pays off double 66% of the time on those incidents.

If the 5,6, or 8 hit, I can pull my place bets and take odds on the come bet, limiting my exposure and maximizing pays.

I am still somewhat new to craps but I was thinking this style might limit some of the downfalls to playing the Iron Cross style.

Thoughts, comments, advice would be greatly appreciated.
Draw a line in the sand, then roll the dice
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
October 14th, 2011 at 9:14:19 PM permalink
I dont know how your odds change. If I use the Iron cross I am usually betting bigger and only looking for one hit and then maybe I'll take the win proceeds to go up on the 6 & 8. It can get risky. I personally have never just stayed up that way for long, as you are risking the same 7 every time and the 5,6,8 are losing your field play while getting only even $ on the 4,9,10 & 11.

The come bet is a contract bet so what you get with hedging against the seven you could lose on the next roll with a seven or water down your field bet. I would avoid the come bet and just use it as hit and run. Do you normally play at 5, 10 or $15 tables?
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." — E.E. Cummings
Jvan
Jvan
  • Threads: 1
October 14th, 2011 at 10:17:53 PM permalink
I usually play $5-$10 tables and just increase if I am winning. I know some people use the iron cross method only when the come out roll is 5,6, or 8 (mainly the 5). The idea in that situation is that you only have to place two #'s and have odds on the point(hopefully 5, but maybe 6,or 8).

The reason for the come bet is to limit your loss marginally when the 7 arrives. It may be a small amount but just may tip odds in a better favor? I understand that the come bet is a contract bet but the odds are not, so you can turn them on or off at your leisure(if you play that way). It seems like the house edge would be lessened if 6 out of 6 rolls the player gets paid something. Plus the chances of a 6, or 8 are fairly good and when you replace that place bet with the come and the odds, you are in a better position (speculative?).

I am not sure if this is a sound theory that is why I posted to get all of your guys feedback
Draw a line in the sand, then roll the dice
indignant99
indignant99
  • Threads: 2
February 23rd, 2015 at 3:55:31 PM permalink
Quote: Jvan

(except 2,3,12) but then my field bet pays off double 66% of the time on those incidents.

Afraid not. Of those four "craps" throws, two of them are 3's. 50%
Yeah, I made a mistake once. I thought I was wrong, when I actually wasn't. -Indignant
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
February 23rd, 2015 at 5:11:05 PM permalink

Ok I know that the Iron cross system does not pan out.

what is "does not pan out"
how exactly do you know this?
by direct calculation or maybe a million session simulation or two?

or
maybe that word *system*

I really want to know
how you know

My question is, how do my odds change if I also put down a come bet?

your odds of what?
odds of winning something on any one roll maybe
I think you need to be more clear, maybe an example with bets, bankroll and what color shoes you wear
maybe

I am slightly leveraged if a seven drops <SNIP>

what exactly do you mean here?
you are making a come bet that has no effect on any of the other bets?
or do you think differently as your writting suggests?

where did you learn this stuff?
it is so funny

hey, I was told to tell the truth at any cost

take it up with the man
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 23rd, 2015 at 5:44:30 PM permalink
I'm thinking Jvan is long gone as he hasn't posted since 2011.
sitpicks
sitpicks
  • Threads: 0
April 12th, 2015 at 10:37:54 AM permalink
What you can do is have 100 on the field, 100 on a come bet and 100 on 4-10. No matter what rolls you will get paid out something. If a 7 comes then you lose 100 on the field and 600 on the place bets. If a 2,3, or 12 comes you lose the come bet but you get paid either 200 (2 or 12) or break even on the 3 as you lose the come bet but make it back on the field.

So where am I going with this you ask?

Well if a 11 comes then you get paid $200 and your come bet stays up but what if a place bet hits? Great question. Depending on the number you get paid out on your $100 bet and then your come bet moves to that number. You can pull all of your bets except the come bet that moved to a number and you will free roll with that money. It's not an optimal betting strategy but it flows with what you are looking for with an iron cross.

I prefer no field and no come bet rather heavy on the place bets for 1 roll. If you hit a number you take it all down. Fun and exciting with slightly positive probabilities of not 7 outting.
  • Jump to: