Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
February 13th, 2011 at 2:08:06 PM permalink
.. Heres one Im trying to think out...

If no betting system can give you an advantage- and I believe this to be true- that no matter how you attempt 'money managment' it will not cut the house edge.

then how come a high odds bet offer in craps allows a lower house edge? Its basicly saying betting more will decrease the house advantage.. So how does this work?

I know other situations things like commision decrease player advantage by decreasing earnings.. but it dont seem to me in crapps the fact I bet 100X odds vs 5X odds makes the 4 come again any faster or easier.
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 13th, 2011 at 3:36:22 PM permalink
Quote: Malaru

.. Heres one Im trying to think out...

If no betting system can give you an advantage- and I believe this to be true- that no matter how you attempt 'money managment' it will not cut the house edge.

then how come a high odds bet offer in craps allows a lower house edge? Its basicly saying betting more will decrease the house advantage.. So how does this work?

I know other situations things like commision decrease player advantage by decreasing earnings.. but it dont seem to me in crapps the fact I bet 100X odds vs 5X odds makes the 4 come again any faster or easier.

I repeat my mantra, you can decrease the HE but not the EV. All else is confusion.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 13th, 2011 at 3:48:55 PM permalink
The odds bet has no house edge. The simple answer to your question... Once you have bet $10 on the pass line you expect to lose 14 cents. The 2/3 of a time you set a point you now are given the option of making a really big bet at fair value. So if you want to think that you have bet $1010 on the initial roll and still will only lose on average 14 cents, then you can 'feel' like you are almost playing an even game. The house edge on the passline never changes, however. The variance is very high if you take 100x odds, so you have a much better chance of hitting a win goal than just playing the pass line. Conversely, you can also reach a loss limit far more quickly, too.
  • Jump to: