Thread Rating:

DoubleGold
DoubleGold
  • Threads: 3
January 19th, 2023 at 3:58:55 AM permalink
When people consider Astrology and luck, they usually think of the location of the Sun the minute they were born (time is usually on a birth certificate).

The Sun's location doesn't have a data history for luck.

But Jupiter (expansion) and Uranus (suddenness) combinations do.

The following paper shows some actual data with a control group.

If this logic can be applied successfully (it's true for example), the locations of the two planets are not the cause of winning with luck.

Whatever the cause of luck is (causes both to become in sync), the planetary combinations seem to manifest like a clock of luck.

An Astrology wheel is simply a huge clock.

By checking a wheel (the planet locations in the solar system), it can tell us exactly what time it is to 4 minutes precision.

Before Astronomy was invented, it was called Astrology.

I have some experience in the matter, but I can go either way when it comes to being convinced.

Right now, I have a favorable Jupiter and Uranus combination (birth chart relative to current solar system transits).

Have you ever been around someone that is just almost always lucky?

My mother was like that.

There is no way to currently explain someone that is usually lucky to my knowledge, other than Astrology IMO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jupiter-Uranus and Lottery Winnings – A Study
The main goal of this study was to understand the relationship between Jupiter-Uranus aspects and lottery winnings . Only part of the study is discussed here. The study focused on analyzing aspects made by transiting Uranus to natal Jupiter/Uranus midpoint and natal midheaven on the day of the lottery winning, and the results are given in Table1. The study also looked at natal aspects between Jupiter/Uranus midpoint to Natal midheaven, Vertex, Ascendant, and the Part of Fortune, and this is given in Table 2.

The research groups consists of 19 test subjects who have won at least a million dollars in lottery and have a birth data rating of AA, and 190 randomly created control subjects. The names of the 19 test subjects from Astrodatabank are given in Table 1. On the basis of the study done on a small sample group, there seems to be a significant relationship between Jupiter/Uranus midpoint and the presence of sudden wealth potential.

For this study only lottery winners who had a rating of AA, and had won over 1 million in lottery were considered. The Astrodatabank software yielded about 19 winners (after removing those who were not actual winners, but relative of the winners) for the test group. The control group of 190 (10 times that of the test group) were randomly created using the research tool in Astrodatabank software.
http://www.astromanda.com/jupiter-uranus-lottery-winning/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 6:41:32 AM permalink
A bit off topic, but still on the top of astronomy, I made the argument recently that of the other planets in the solar system, mars has the greatest chance of having supported life at some time in the past. My daughter disagreed, saying Venus did. She said a runaway greenhouse effect later baked the planet in poisonous gas. Can anyone provide evidence either way?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 6:46:01 AM permalink
It must be true!!

I was one lucky SOB...until Pluto lost its status as a planet. Haven't hit a royal flush or found any pennies on the street since :)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 6:52:31 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

A bit off topic, but still on the top of astronomy, I made the argument recently that of the other planets in the solar system, mars has the greatest chance of having supported life at some time in the past. My daughter disagreed, saying Venus did. She said a runaway greenhouse effect later baked the planet in poisonous gas. Can anyone provide evidence either way?
link to original post

Lets assume we mean life resembling some form as we know it. Who is to say the gas giants do not have some kind of single or small cell life feeding off their atmospheres in a form we cannot fathom.

I have to go along with your daughter. Mars has virtually no atmosphere. Assuming the life as we know it means life has to exchange oxygen for CO2 or for that matter any similar exchange, it simply is not happening on Mars. Venus has an atmosphere, a killer one. 75 or so times the pressure of what we have here on Earth. So you could have that living air exchange. If the current alarm over global warming keeps up it is possible we could see research try to develop some kind of compound that attaches itself to a CO2 molecule, strip off the carbon, and then drop it making a carbon atom and an O2 one. Then use this to try to teraform (right word) Venus "Star Trek 3" style (right movie?)

Americans have always had a fascination with Mars, I am told the USSR had a similar one with Venus. Thing is we are not settling either one, ever.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 7:06:49 AM permalink

link to original post

I don't personally know off-hand but I could find out for you.

But there is something strange about Venus IMO (see below).

By the way, I have a Gemini Venus morning star (rises before the Sun).

Venus is a financial planet but it not known for luck and Uranus (sudden wealth?) is currently in Taurus ruled by Venus.

The 5 petals of Venus and its 8-year cycle
When plotted geocentrically – from an Earth-centered perspective – there is a highly noticeable rhythm in the motion of Venus. After eight years, it returns to the same place in our sky on about the same date. This is known as the eight-year cycle of Venus, and stems from the fact that 13 Venusian orbits (8 x 224.8 days) very nearly equals eight Earth years. The cycle was known to, and of great interest to, ancient peoples such as the Maya. Today, many know it as the pentagram or petals of Venus.

The word pentagram – or five-sided figure – is used because, over the eight years, each phenomenon – each relative position of Earth, Venus, and the sun – occurs five times. Then, over the next eight years, they repeat five times almost identically.
https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/five-petals-of-venus/
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 7:14:42 AM permalink

since July of 2022, Nasa's rover Perseverance has collected rocks from Mars and at least 2 of them they believe to probably contain organic compounds

organic compounds are associated with living things
in the coming years Nasa is planning to send other spacecraft to pick up these cores, return them to Earth and have them analyzed

Nasa and a competing private company are planning to send humans to Mars in the future - but the plans right now are not fully developed

according to the 2nd link Nasa is planning to send humans to Mars in the late 2030s or early 2040s -

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-02968-2

https://www.space.com/nasa-plans-astronauts-mars-mission-30-days

Please don't feed the trolls
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 7:21:17 AM permalink
I think numerology can be applied to just about anything. It's been applied to all the major religions to try to find deeper meaning. Unfortunately, I think that just says more about numerology than it does about religions.

Just from a random perspective, if you were to randomly select a million people you should find a bell curve of "luck".. In the middle, or biggest area there would be most of us with a similar average good and bad outcomes which occurred. At the edges you should find on one side a fewer amount of people who had many extremely bad random events happen to them, and at the other end, a few which seemed to have a blessed life of very rare bad occurrences.

But wouldn't that be just a normal expectation in a large enough group of random people?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 7:23:43 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

It must be true!!

I was one lucky SOB...until Pluto lost its status as a planet. Haven't hit a royal flush or found any pennies on the street since :)
link to original post

If you have the date and time of your large payoff, then you can compare your birth chart planetary locations to the planetary transits when you hit.

There is more than likely a pattern IMO (a reasoning).

If there is, then the next time it is supposed to happen (we can chart future dates and times), make a similar bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 7:36:45 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Mars has virtually no atmosphere. Assuming the life as we know it means life has to exchange oxygen for CO2 or for that matter any similar exchange, it simply is not happening on Mars.
link to original post

Good comments! This is not my area of expertise, but one I find interesting. That said, I thought the theory was that solar radiation split up oxygen atoms. With the lower size of Mars, it didn't have the gravity of Venus and Earth to keeps it's oxygen in the atmosphere, but rather it got ejected into space.

If this topic keeps up, I'll do a split-off.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 7:57:45 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I think numerology can be applied to just about anything. It's been applied to all the major religions to try to find deeper meaning. Unfortunately, I think that just says more about numerology than it does about religions.

Just from a random perspective, if you were to randomly select a million people you should find a bell curve of "luck".. In the middle, or biggest area there would be most of us with a similar average good and bad outcomes which occurred. At the edges you should find on one side a fewer amount of people who had many extremely bad random events happen to them, and at the other end, a few which seemed to have a blessed life of very rare bad occurrences.

But wouldn't that be just a normal expectation in a large enough group of random people?
link to original post

I think so.

But luck, in our context of betting, implies an action.

An action implies time.

The solar system maps time, like a clock.

So luck can be manufactured by timing a betting action IMO.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:07:08 AM permalink
Quote: DoubleGold

Quote: rxwine

link to original post

I think so.

But luck, in our context of betting, implies an action.

An action implies time.

The solar system maps time, like a clock.

So luck can be manufactured by timing a betting action IMO.
link to original post

The question then becomes where and when to place the lucky bet, and how does one predict such occurences?

I expect that most of my bets must have been at a place and time that were not ideally aligned with distant objects.
May the cards fall in your favor.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
WizardDoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:07:08 AM permalink

Mars has virtually no atmosphere. Assuming the life as we know it means life has to exchange oxygen for CO2 or for that matter any similar exchange, it simply is not happening on Mars.
link to original post

Good comments! This is not my area of expertise, but one I find interesting. That said, I thought the theory was that solar radiation split up oxygen atoms. With the lower size of Mars, it didn't have the gravity of Venus and Earth to keeps it's oxygen in the atmosphere, but rather it got ejected into space.

link to original post

the solar *wind* is what I thought was what blew the atmosphere off of Mars, which is not to say *radiation* didn't have an affect [which I don't know much about]. To get a reminder of what the solar wind's power is, think of comets. The comet body is not accelerating faster than the tail, instead the tail is getting blown back, if we are to believe Galileo about how objects accelerate due to gravity.

As I understand, it's not the gravity of Mars that is lacking, but instead the lack of a magnetic field. On Earth the solar wind is deflected by the magnetic field, thanks to the wind being charged particles.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:10:56 AM permalink
Life, as we know it, began on Titan.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:23:12 AM permalink
Dieter, ideally, I could show you how to generate your birth chart.

The birth chart contains your geographical location (City, State, Country), date, and time of day where you were born.

Then determine where you will make a wager, such as Las Vegas, NV.

With an unknown date and time, you would look for future lucky combinations.

A lucky combination includes the mid-point of Jupiter and Uranus locations when you were born relative to current planetary locations on the date and time you want to wager.

So you could look into the future to find a favorable angular transit (harmonic resonation) relative to your birth chart.

When you determine that date in the future, perform the betting action at that location on that date and time.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:30:45 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I don't follow you on "split uop oxygen atoms." Oxygen is one of those atoms afraid to go out alone so is O2. I always thought Mars had similar gravity to earth? But I must ask a childlike simple question there. If the gravity could not "hold" the atmosphere then how could it have been there to be blown away in the first place? (same kind of question, "What was there right before the Big Bang?"

I see so many problems with going to Mars for it to happen. But here is one big one. Takes 2-4 years to get there. The average person will lose interest in the story after a few months. Such a mission will demand constant public support. But that is just the biggest.
UsernameRemorse
UsernameRemorse
  • Threads: 1
January 19th, 2023 at 8:36:55 AM permalink
delete
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:37:07 AM permalink
Wizard, IMO astronomy is related so I don't mind the astronomy comments.

I think they're related.

I will use the rest of this post for a JP Morgan quote:

"Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer."

I disagree, because back in those days, we were not computerized.

Now anyone can do it if you know what to look for.

The study in this thread shows what to look for,

If you have questions or need direction, I'd be happy to assist you.

But, since I'm a newbie, I am limited in posts per day, so keep that in mind.
UsernameRemorse
UsernameRemorse
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 8:41:00 AM permalink

link to original post

There's been much vigorous handwaving in that direction, including the following:

Joseph, R.G.: Life on Venus and the interplanetary transfer of biota from Earth. Astrophys. Space Sci. 364, 191 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10509-019-3678-x

It was retracted for the following reason:

"The Editors and the Publisher are retracting this article because, upon further review, in their judgment the article proffers insufficient critical assessment of the material presented and literature cited, and fails to provide a solid underpinning for the speculative statements made in the article which, in their view, invalidates the conclusions drawn. The author does not agree to this retraction."

Also see this article in Science, "Potential signs of life on Venus are fading fast":

https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/science.370.6520.1021
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
DoubleGoldodiousgambit
January 19th, 2023 at 9:00:03 AM permalink
Maybe we can merge this and the Aphonia thread.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:06:51 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

I wouldn't object to that.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:11:13 AM permalink
I had no idea that people today actually believed in Astrology. I always just assumed that it was some sort of TV gimmick.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:11:43 AM permalink

Dieter, ideally, I could show you how to generate your birth chart.

The birth chart contains your geographical location (City, State, Country), date, and time of day where you were born.

Then determine where you will make a wager, such as Las Vegas, NV.

With an unknown date and time, you would look for future lucky combinations.

A lucky combination includes the mid-point of Jupiter and Uranus locations when you were born relative to current planetary locations on the date and time you want to wager.

So you could look into the future to find a favorable angular transit (harmonic resonation) relative to your birth chart.

When you determine that date in the future, perform the betting action at that location on that date and time.
link to original post

Let's assume I have all that. Pretty sure I still have a biorhythm chart with almost all the relevant data in the bottom of a wastepaper bin.

How much big is the "sweet spot" where I should be placing my bets? Is within 5 meters ok? Is alignment of the RNG components to the interpolated chord of the Jupiter-Neptune-Moon-Sun terribly important?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:14:24 AM permalink

Quote: unJon

link to original post

I wouldn't object to that.
link to original post

Sadly, there are technical limitations which preclude this.

On the other hand, it means overzealous moderators can't go lumping all the DI and roulette prediction threads together.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:19:33 AM permalink
DRich, I use it for trading stocks mostly but not only.

Just the moon represents a change in cumulative emotions quite often.

Imagine when some of our kind menstruate regularly what it can do to stock prices.

Or the mates of those that menstruate.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:27:12 AM permalink
Dieter, that's close enough.

I think it's connected to the frequency of our literal DNA somehow.

It doesn't cause luck, but they can happen at the same time.

So looking at time (solar system), can predict the timing of our DNA.

Carl Jung would be the one to study, for he believed in synchronization of events.

Interestingly, he and I have similar charts.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 9:50:17 AM permalink

it's pretty mind boggling to think about it

there are different estimates - but according to space.com Nasa states that there are more than 100 billion planets in our galaxy - the Milky Way

and space.com estimates that there are more than 200 billion galaxies in the known universe

Please don't feed the trolls
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 11:16:47 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I don't follow you on "split uop oxygen atoms." Oxygen is one of those atoms afraid to go out alone so is O2. I always thought Mars had similar gravity to earth? But I must ask a childlike simple question there. If the gravity could not "hold" the atmosphere then how could it have been there to be blown away in the first place? (same kind of question, "What was there right before the Big Bang?"

I see so many problems with going to Mars for it to happen. But here is one big one. Takes 2-4 years to get there. The average person will lose interest in the story after a few months. Such a mission will demand constant public support. But that is just the biggest.
link to original post

AZ, I also had the same objection to the phrase "splitting up oxygen atoms" But then it seemed to me that the theory might have been that there was once water on Mars, perhaps as ice? Cosmic rays would gradually, over time, split the frozen water molecules forming oxygen and hydrogen atoms which would both be a gas and rise above the ice. The hydrogen and oxygen atoms in the 'atmosphere' might have been such low density that recombination back into water vapor might have had a low probability. These gases might then escape the Martian atmosphere. (due to low gravity? not sure about that part.)
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 12:38:23 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

These gases might then escape the Martian atmosphere. (due to low gravity? not sure about that part.)
link to original post

No, not the lack of gravity! Due to the lack of a magnetic field, the solar wind has ravaged Mars.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Solar Wind! Solar Wind! Solar Wind! Solar Wind!

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 12:47:28 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

AZ, I also had the same objection to the phrase "splitting up oxygen atoms" But then it seemed to me that the theory might have been that there was once water on Mars, perhaps as ice? Cosmic rays would gradually, over time, split the frozen water molecules forming oxygen and hydrogen atoms which would both be a gas and rise above the ice. The hydrogen and oxygen atoms in the 'atmosphere' might have been such low density that recombination back into water vapor might have had a low probability. These gases might then escape the Martian atmosphere. (due to low gravity? not sure about that part.)
link to original post

Mars gravity is 38% of earth. The problem still remains that how would the water have gotten there? It would have had to come as gasses if some kind of big bang idea is at all correct. Maybe it all broke apart from a super-planet?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 12:49:33 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I had no idea that people today actually believed in Astrology. I always just assumed that it was some sort of TV gimmick.
link to original post

I know a woman that is very into it. My position is that it is fun to think about. Also I have had enough readings that are correct that I cannot just dismiss it. She has told me a couple things about myself that were scary correct. Thus I look at it for fun and thought but it hardly rules my life.
unJon
unJon
Thanked by
odiousgambitDoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 12:53:25 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Mars gravity is 38% of earth. The problem still remains that how would the water have gotten there? It would have had to come as gasses if some kind of big bang idea is at all correct. Maybe it all broke apart from a super-planet?
link to original post

Solar wind, man! Do you have odiousgambit blocked or something?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 1:41:00 PM permalink
I was mostly making a joke about getting ignored, there are multiple ways a post can be missed. Simultaneous posting will do it about every time.

we all know the way gravity works. No matter how far out from a planet an atmosphere reaches, it can't escape the gravity of that planet unless something comes along and 'gets it' ... that would be the solar wind

Astronomers were underestimating how much water there is in the solar system until, well, they started finding it. Maybe you have to be old enough to remember when there was such confidence the moon would have no water, no way! But they are finding water there and everywhere.

The news pieces about finding water on Mercury suggested scientists were surprised. I don't know if they were, but it's possible for anyone easilty to imagine water vaporizing readily and getting removed. The indication is it can be found at the poles, though. But no matter how weak the gravity is on Mercury, eventually that water would still be captured there by the planet if there is nothing to take it away

https://www.universetoday.com/33764/water-on-mercury/
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 1:58:11 PM permalink
FACEPALM!!!
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
DoubleGoldodiousgambit
January 19th, 2023 at 2:43:49 PM permalink
There is an old saying about not knowing your elbow from your a-hole.

Which I was reminded of, because of the several references in this thread about the need to know the location of Ur Anus (and Jupiter) when testing astrological strategies to see whether they can enhance your gambling winnings.

I wonder why Saturn is irrelevant?

And was it really the Great and Powerful Wizard who hijacked this thread into a discussion of "Climate Change on Mars?"
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 2:45:51 PM permalink

And was it really the Great and Powerful Wizard who hijacked this thread into a discussion of "Climate Change on Mars?"
link to original post

I'll plead guilty, but to Venus, not Mars, for a limited sentence.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 3:05:25 PM permalink
Astrology has been around forever. How is it that celestial bodies not discovered until relatively recently can effect ones fate?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 3:17:03 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

You must tell us a joke.

I believe this is in accordance with precedent for matters of this severity, although I can't find a handy citation.

edit: citation
Last edited by: Dieter on Jan 19, 2023
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 3:41:45 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

link to original post

You must tell us a joke.

I believe this is in accordance with precedent for matters of this severity, although I can't find a handy citation.
link to original post

I concur with the sentence, requiring Wizard to tell a joke.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 4:34:50 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I was mostly making a joke about getting ignored, there are multiple ways a post can be missed. Simultaneous posting will do it about every time.

we all know the way gravity works. No matter how far out from a planet an atmosphere reaches, it can't escape the gravity of that planet unless something comes along and 'gets it' ... that would be the solar wind

Astronomers were underestimating how much water there is in the solar system until, well, they started finding it. Maybe you have to be old enough to remember when there was such confidence the moon would have no water, no way! But they are finding water there and everywhere.

The news pieces about finding water on Mercury suggested scientists were surprised. I don't know if they were, but it's possible for anyone easilty to imagine water vaporizing readily and getting removed. The indication is it can be found at the poles, though. But no matter how weak the gravity is on Mercury, eventually that water would still be captured there by the planet if there is nothing to take it away

link to original post

Can you provide a link to a paper or article about solar wind carrying away mars atmosphere? As an amateur astronomer, I am always up for learning new things.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
DoubleGold
January 19th, 2023 at 4:48:29 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Hydrogen and Oxygen are two of the most common elements in the universe and are also two quite highly reactive molecules. So it makes sense that whenever these two get together they make a water molecule baby. In addition, chemical analysis points strongly towards asteroids and comets being a major source of Martian water. This all happened well after the Big Bang that created the primordial elements.
unJon
unJon
Thanked by
DoubleGoldodiousgambitMission146
January 19th, 2023 at 4:52:04 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

Quote: odiousgambit

link to original post

Can you provide a link to a paper or article about solar wind carrying away mars atmosphere? As an amateur astronomer, I am always up for learning new things.
link to original post

Funny. I spent some time today down this internet rabbithole after odiousgambit mentioned it. Here’s what I read, FWIW.

From: https://www.universetoday.com/154461/we-might-know-why-mars-lost-its-magnetic-field/

A new study published in Nature Communications tries to answer that question, like many studies before. The title is “Stratification in planetary cores by liquid immiscibility in Fe-S-H.” The leading authors are Professor Kei Hirose from the University of Tokyo’s Department of Earth and Planetary Science and Ph.D. student Shunpei Yokoo in the Hirose lab.

Also: https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/scientists-decode-how-mars-may-have-lost-its-atmosphere/article33910913.ece/amp/

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasas-maven-reveals-most-of-mars-atmosphere-was-lost-to-space

Lots of other links also but above is representative.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
Thanked by
Mission146
January 20th, 2023 at 2:18:57 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Astrology has been around forever. How is it that celestial bodies not discovered until relatively recently can effect ones fate?
link to original post

The official naming of the body does it.

It has to do with the collective unconsciousness in which we inherit genetically from all previous generations.

One example is Pluto, the god of the underworld.

In ancient Greek religion and mythology, Pluto (Greek: Πλούτων, Ploutōn) was the ruler of the Greek underworld. The earlier name for the god was Hades, which became more common as the name of the underworld itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_(mythology)

So the naming associates (maps) the mythology (archetype) to our collective unconsciousness and to the actual location in our birth chart.

Another example is the asteroid DNA, which is not associated with mythology, but is associated with all knowledge of DNA.

My favorite examples are Nessus and Dejanira, both asteroids.

The myth states that Nessus sexually abused Dejanira.

When they show up in two charts, one of each partner or potential partner, and the charts are compared to each other, they can generate actions in a similar way as the myth, if there is a hard aspect (such as a square or a 90 degree offset to each other).

My father and mother had a hard Nessus - Dejanira aspect and they were married for 64 years but most relationships can be violent.

So they were an outlier (through choice) unless they liked the violence without me knowing.

Free choice (free will) can override any hard aspect.

Free will is the most powerful thing we have.
Last edited by: DoubleGold on Jan 20, 2023
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
Thanked by
Mission146
January 20th, 2023 at 4:14:50 AM permalink

There is an old saying about not knowing your elbow from your a-hole.

Which I was reminded of, because of the several references in this thread about the need to know the location of Ur Anus (and Jupiter) when testing astrological strategies to see whether they can enhance your gambling winnings.

I wonder why Saturn is irrelevant?

link to original post

Saturn is known for contraction (not expansion like Jupiter).

It is also known for responsibility, discipline, accountability, maturity, etc.

It can be relevant if it counters a favorable combination (Jupiter and Uranus).

A dominant Saturn location in someones chart or current transit, usually implies one that's conservative.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
Thanked by
Mission146
January 20th, 2023 at 8:14:14 AM permalink
How does a mathematician rationalize luck?

Since this thread is about luck, I figured I would place it here.

By the way, partners can combine birth charts by location average or by dates.

So if a chart is not bullish for luck, an average could be.

The average doesn't have to be only two people.

These people won the lottery multiple times, taking home millions—a Harvard prof. talks odds
When Janet Pflaumer-Phillips, 59, won $1 million from a “Diamond Millions” scratch-off lottery ticket last month, it was technically her first big lottery win. But if you count the two times her husband, Kevin Phillips, won his own separate $1 million prizes (in 2014 and 2016), then that made three wins for the couple overall, and a total of $3 million.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/harvard-prof-on-odds-of-winning-multiple-lotteries-like-these-people.html
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
Thanked by
Mission146
January 20th, 2023 at 8:33:50 AM permalink

Quote: DRich

link to original post

I know a woman that is very into it. My position is that it is fun to think about. Also I have had enough readings that are correct that I cannot just dismiss it. She has told me a couple things about myself that were scary correct. Thus I look at it for fun and thought but it hardly rules my life.
link to original post

I have seen some strange things over the years.

Here is one major coincidence, but I can show many.

I briefly mentioned the asteroid DNA in a post here.

A grandson of mine has the asteroid DNA adjacent to his Sun when he was born.

It is called a conjunction.

My Sun when I was born is 180 degrees difference from his Sun (and asteroid DNA).

Half a circle or called opposite.

He has 1/4 of my genetic material (DNA) and his DNA asteroid is opposite my Sun.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
DoubleGoldMission146
January 20th, 2023 at 8:52:45 AM permalink
Tiger Blood > astroid DNA.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
DoubleGoldMission146
January 20th, 2023 at 12:36:26 PM permalink

These people won the lottery multiple times, taking home millions—a Harvard prof. talks odds
When Janet Pflaumer-Phillips, 59, won $1 million from a “Diamond Millions” scratch-off lottery ticket last month, it was technically her first big lottery win. But if you count the two times her husband, Kevin Phillips, won his own separate $1 million prizes (in 2014 and 2016), then that made three wins for the couple overall, and a total of $3 million.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/harvard-prof-on-odds-of-winning-multiple-lotteries-like-these-people.html
link to original post

Luck or law of large numbers?

You'll notice that most of the time repeat lottery winners have something very interesting in common...

"She and her husband have been buying lottery tickets regularly for the past 20 years"

Regularly is probably a nice way of saying compulsively.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
Thanked by
Mission146
January 20th, 2023 at 1:10:53 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Tiger Blood > astroid DNA.
link to original post

I get insight from other people regularly.

I think it comes from the collective unconscious.

So I looked for the placement of the asteroid DNA in Charlie's chart.

No obvious pattern but it's in Cancer close to the cusp of Leo (the lion not tiger).

But it could be Cancer is related to HIV.

Charlie Sheen blames ‘tiger blood’ meltdown on ‘accidental roid rage’
“I was doing way too much testosterone cream, trying to get the old libido up,” he added. “It metabolizes into basically a roid rage. That whole odyssey, that was basically an accidental roid rage.”
https://www.nme.com/news/charlie-sheen-tiger-blood-roid-rage-1942385
DoubleGold
DoubleGold
Thanked by
Mission146
January 20th, 2023 at 1:13:09 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

link to original post

Luck or law of large numbers?

You'll notice that most of the time repeat lottery winners have something very interesting in common...

"She and her husband have been buying lottery tickets regularly for the past 20 years"

Regularly is probably a nice way of saying compulsively.
link to original post

Luck.

I should have qualified the question first as follows:

Do mathematicians usually believe in luck?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
DoubleGoldMission146
January 20th, 2023 at 1:53:30 PM permalink

Luck.

I should have qualified the question first as follows:

Do mathematicians usually believe in luck?
link to original post

Most of the people I know use the word "luck" to describe what happens when talent meets opportunity and necessity.

Not a mathematician, but I've known a nonzero number over the years.
  • Jump to: