Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
Thanks for this post from:
NewtoTown
January 27th, 2020 at 9:57:33 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

How willing are you to lose the $5,000?
Two straight wins if you let it all ride gets it done so it's pretty simple if you go that route. I'd play BJ. Chances of winning two decisions in a row are better than in craps or roulette.

I'd lean away from BJ because of possible split/double situations. OP doesn't sound like he would have reserves to do a split or double down. If you can't split or double down, I would think Bacc or Craps would be a better way to try to "quadruple up."
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 177
NewtoTown
January 27th, 2020 at 10:33:37 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I'd lean away from BJ because of possible split/double situations. OP doesn't sound like he would have reserves to do a split or double down. If you can't split or double down, I would think Bacc or Craps would be a better way to try to "quadruple up."

Splitting and doubling down are long term plays. Not important in the short run.
There is no harm if you don't double up on an 11. In fact, your chances of winning increase if you don't double a hand. Many splits are defensive. Meaningless in the short run.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 40
January 27th, 2020 at 12:55:57 PM permalink
If you have a lot of time, I would divide that $5000 into 12 $400 sessions of 25 bets each and try to turn that $400 into $2000 by winning 25 bets for 100 extra bets at that buy-in level. Keep working on increasing the store of extra bets, and spend a session or two at double those buy-ins and try to set a winning path there. If you keep winning, eventually you'll get to the turn $4,000 to $20,000 level. I'm going with 2 DP with Odds, then PL with Odds per shooter (odds are 1-3X).
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
DeMangoNewtoTown
January 27th, 2020 at 3:39:27 PM permalink
Wait until you see a streak and then bet with the streak. Stop before the streak ends.
NewtoTown
NewtoTown
  • Threads: 10
January 28th, 2020 at 12:40:53 PM permalink
This sounds interesting, but can you elaborate a bit more.

A $400 session divided into 25 bets would be $16 per bet? (25 x $16 = $400 session), or did I get this step wrong?

Regarding how to bet:

$16 on DP with odds, and regardless of whether this wins or loses repeat a second time (I assume this is what 2DP mens), then switch to P line with odds at (1 to 3x odds).

How do I decide whether to use 1x, 2x or 3x odds on the P bet?

Also, regardless of whether I win on the P line, do I switch back to two flat bets of $16 on DP with 1x odds?

I probably did not at all understand the methods you referred to regarding "going with 2 DP with Odds, then PL with Odds per shooter (odds are 1-3X)"... sorry if I got it wrong.

Hopefully you can give some examples, like:

$16 on DP (and if the point is a 10, lay odds of $32), then if this loses (or wins), repeat for one more decision, then switch to P line for $16 with 1x odds (of $16).

Also, I did not understand this part: "try to turn that $400 into $2000 by winning 25 bets for 100 extra bets at that buy-in level."

If I lose (or win) do I increase my buy in?

So sorry if I messed this all up entirely, but it really is of interest to me to learn this.

Also, if by some chance I got the above right, do I ever compound my bets to a higher level?

And, if I lose $400 session buy in, then repeat with the next of 12 (11 remaining) buy ins of $400?

Thanks, hope to hear back on this.
NewtoTown
NewtoTown
January 28th, 2020 at 12:43:01 PM permalink
How will I know it is a streak till after it is too late and the streak has passed? Example, 6 in 10 pass bets win, would this constitute a streak, and then I bet it? Wouldn't it be too late to try something like this? Sorry if I messed up what you were referring to. Will wait for details.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
January 28th, 2020 at 12:47:50 PM permalink
Quote: NewtoTown

How will I know it is a streak till after it is too late and the streak has passed? Example, 6 in 10 pass bets win, would this constitute a streak, and then I bet it? Wouldn't it be too late to try something like this? Sorry if I messed up what you were referring to. Will wait for details.

It was a joke in reference to some other members of the forum. You're right in that you can't know a streak until it is over.
NewtoTown
NewtoTown
January 28th, 2020 at 2:49:53 PM permalink
Very funny :-) It went right over my head :-) Good one!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 40
NewtoTown
January 28th, 2020 at 3:11:33 PM permalink
A new shooter is up. I bet Don't Pass, and keep betting Don't Pass until a point is established, then I add odds. If it wins, there will be a new shooter soon; if it loses, I make another Don't Pass bet and when it gets established I'll put odds on it. If it wins, I'll be near even for the round; if it loses, I'll switch to the Pass Line, then add odds to that bet. This way I only lose 3 odds bet per shooter at most, and winning on the PL a few times brings me back up. The problem with betting the Don't Pass is that come-out shooters sometimes have a run of 5 or more 7-11's and you'll want to switch sides after the 3rd of those.

If I start with $120, I'll have 10 bets of $6 on the line and $6 odds. If I win $60, I'll raise my bet to double odds. If I win $90 more, I'll raise my bet to triple odds. Every 5 bets ahead I'll increase my bet, but reduce my bet below those same balances. I use clear lammers in my rail to divvy up the chips because counting chips is such an obsession.
I typically try to double or nothing my buy-in, but I have charts ready if I'm on a win streak. A 10 bet PL-only buy-in typically lasts 30-90 minutes before a double or nothing result. So I'd have more money for another buy-in or two.

When your odds bets are divisible by $6, you can get paid $3, $4, or $5 on the Don't side; and paid $6 ($5 odds on the 6,8), $9, or $12 on the Pass side. You can bet the PB 6 or 8 for $6 increments if you don't want to bet the line or the odds too.

If 5 out of 6 shooters never make their 2nd point, waiting for a hot shooter could be a losing game, so bet the Don't. I see more and more of it each trip. People putting $10 on the DP and $60 odds, then when they win a few, it's $15 DP with $90 odds on a 3x, 4x, 5x table; but they don't like to shoot the dice for some reason.
NewtoTown
NewtoTown
January 28th, 2020 at 8:11:45 PM permalink
Thank you for the additional information/clarification.

How often do you double your buy-in versus lose it?

What is the logic behind how the system accumulates money? It seems to be a positive progression of sorts I am guessing.

How many times in a row is it possible to lose the buy-in? Can you martingale the buy-in if you lose the $120?

In other words, start with $120, and if that gets lost, then start with $240, (with 10 bets of $12 on the line and $12 odds.)

Of course the goal would be to recoup the original buy-in of $120 quickly as well as a profit by using the same type of positive progression as when you bought in the first session.

But if you lose the $240 buy-in then buy in for $480 using the same positive progression to recoup the $120 and the $240 buy-ins that were lost.

How many buy-ins in a row have you ever seen the system lose? 2x? 3x? I wonder if it would be possible to not double one's buy-in 5x consecutively.

• Jump to: