Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 9660
November 10th, 2019 at 7:11:22 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

He’s not trying to AP the website for $1. He’s trying to test some sports betting system.



he doesnt need to bet .37 to test a system. He should bet aggressively to win some money and keep track of whatever his method is to see if he is betting well.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
es330td
es330td
Joined: Mar 19, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 137
November 10th, 2019 at 7:21:31 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Is there a per game max bet? Could you risk the entire $37 on one game now if you wanted to ?



There are some limits but I am not clear what they are and they differ whether it is real money or play money. What limits there are appear to be related to how much you can win, not how much you can wager. I haven’t paid attention to them because they appear to be related to winning on highly positive situations like +250 moneyline or multiple team parleys where a person can win a lot for a small wager. Since all my bets are on heavy favorites I have never run into a limit.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 17277
November 10th, 2019 at 11:22:02 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

he doesnt need to bet .37 to test a system. He should bet aggressively to win some money and keep track of whatever his method is to see if he is betting well.

He doesn't need to bet anything to test this system, that's assuming he's not using some kind of gut feelings and handicapping because it wouldn't matter what the results are. As soon as someone starts putting any meaningful amounts of money on games they start second-guessing themselves and making completely different decisions than they normally would.

If he needs a site to keep himself honest, that's a big red flag.

He's willing to spend his time screwing around with little bets obviously, he should be trying to maximize his value on that site and test the system some other way and use the profits from that site to ramp up betting his other system if it works.

But whatever works for him and whatever he's happy doing.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
es330td
es330td
Joined: Mar 19, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 137
November 10th, 2019 at 2:09:54 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

If he needs a site to keep himself honest, that's a big red flag.

He's willing to spend his time screwing around with little bets obviously, he should be trying to maximize his value on that site and test the system some other way and use the profits from that site to ramp up betting his other system if it works.

But whatever works for him and whatever he's happy doing.



I have no need for a site to keep me honest, I do have a need to keep my results “clean.” Because of promotional bets they offer and bets I place on other events there is a difference between my strategy betting and my balance at the site which about $1.00 higher.

The bets I am making are my real world test of my strategy but I fail to see how I could do better. I am betting the maximum sustainable amount for growth, more would increase my risk of ruin. My method calls for me to do exactly what I am doing.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 4068
November 10th, 2019 at 2:24:23 PM permalink
Quote: es330td

The bets I am making are my real world test of my strategy but I fail to see how I could do better. I am betting the maximum sustainable amount for growth, more would increase my risk of ruin. My method calls for me to do exactly what I am doing.

I'm not into sports betting, but I do find this thread interesting. What I don't understand is why the OP doesn't run a scaled up version in parallel. Nothing life changing, but maybe start a parallel 'portfolio' with a bankroll of say $100 or some higher amount that he can afford to lose.
Same 'system', same picks, same growth or loss rate, same percentage of bankroll in each stake.
If nothing else, it would be amusing to relate how he turned 100 into 3000 just for amusement.
He SEEMS to be achieving a respectable growth rate. The strategy already has what looks like a decent track record.
It would seem a shame to watch a successful 'method' turn a dollar into a thousand dollars without at least investing decent seed bankroll.
Or is there a reason why it won't scale up?
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
Zcore13
Zcore13 
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3418
November 10th, 2019 at 2:31:32 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm not into sports betting, but I do find this thread interesting. What I don't understand is why the OP doesn't run a scaled up version in parallel. Nothing life changing, but maybe start a parallel 'portfolio' with a bankroll of say $100 or some higher amount that he can afford to lose.
Same 'system', same picks, same growth or loss rate, same percentage of bankroll in each stake.
If nothing else, it would be amusing to relate how he turned 100 into 3000 just for amusement.
He SEEMS to be achieving a respectable growth rate. The strategy already has what looks like a decent track record.
It would seem a shame to watch a successful 'method' turn a dollar into a thousand dollars without at least investing decent seed bankroll.
Or is there a reason why it won't scale up?



It definitely does not have a decent enough track record to be considered successful or even close. With his strategy, he's 2 losses away from being negative. He's doing ok right now, but it most likely won't continue this way.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 103
  • Posts: 6014
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
November 10th, 2019 at 3:32:28 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

It definitely does not have a decent enough track record to be considered successful or even close. With his strategy, he's 2 losses away from being negative. He's doing ok right now, but it most likely won't continue this way.


ZCore13



Agree. Unless he has found a way to identify lines that allow for a +EV bet, his system will eventually fail. The OP is on a free roll. He has said a few times that he does not know if his system will work. What better way to test a likely to fail system than on a free roll?
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 9660
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
November 10th, 2019 at 4:59:50 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Agree. Unless he has found a way to identify lines that allow for a +EV bet, his system will eventually fail. The OP is on a free roll. He has said a few times that he does not know if his system will work. What better way to test a likely to fail system than on a free roll?



I Would say a better way is to just record results without actual wagers and use the site to try to free roll real money.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 1262
November 10th, 2019 at 5:14:21 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I Would say a better way is to just record results without actual wagers and use the site to try to free roll real money.

EV of that free $1 is huge! ;-)
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
es330td
es330td
Joined: Mar 19, 2019
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 137
November 10th, 2019 at 5:33:38 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Or is there a reason why it won't scale up?



It won’t scale up because I can’t add funds. Back before they made internet gambling impossible I had an account at Sportsinteraction where you could make bets of $1.00. If I lived where sports betting was legal I could at least be doing this with whole dollars but as a Texas resident this seems to be my only “live” avenue for making sports wagers that are not me just making stuff up in an Excel spreadsheet. I could be claiming to make bets 100 times what I am but I wanted to post what I’m actually doing. If anybody questioned me I could provide screenshots of my app showing the actual wagers I’ve made.

There is no brick & mortar casino out there that wouldn’t accept my action for 100 or even 1000 times what I am wagering.

  • Jump to: