Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
September 23rd, 2018 at 1:46:32 PM permalink
I know all the odds and betting in craps but do you sometimes bet in the middle of the table, take prop bets, or hardways just for a little fun and to mix things up a bit. Sometimes Come with full odds time after time gets dull and while I'd like to break the house it's also important to just have fun.

Does anyone else feel that way and what do you bet when you stray?
The best things in life are not free.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 23rd, 2018 at 1:53:16 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

I know all the odds and betting in craps but do you sometimes bet in the middle of the table, take prop bets, or hardways just for a little fun and to mix things up a bit. Sometimes Come with full odds time after time gets dull and while I'd like to break the house it's also important to just have fun.

Does anyone else feel that way and what do you bet when you stray?

I do for sure. I like betting hard 6 and 8. I will throw a world bet every once in a while. If I do either of those bets I parlay until a big amount. I have hit a hard 8 that started with a $1 and parlayed for $900 3 times. I have probably thrown away more than that in my times including a handful of times that I lost with $100 on it after a parlay. The few dollars that I have lost never effects a session but the 900 that I have won made my day.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
September 23rd, 2018 at 2:27:10 PM permalink
I will bet the hardway, $1 for me and a $1 for the dealers when the point is even. Otherwise I stick to odds bets.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
September 23rd, 2018 at 2:29:55 PM permalink
I’ll bet hardways for fun sometimes and I can be a sucker for the features bets. Occasionally I’ll bet a horn hi ace duece on the come out when the shooter craps a couple times in a row.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 8
September 23rd, 2018 at 6:00:21 PM permalink
I put $2-$1-$2 on the small all tall bet. It pays off often enough to make it fun, if not profitable.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 24th, 2018 at 3:01:19 AM permalink
I will sometimes bet on Big Red,,,, the worst bet on the table.

I try to stick to line bets, odds, place bets (mainly six and eitght) .... but center action can be fun.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 24th, 2018 at 4:55:01 AM permalink
Quote: jmills

I put $2-$1-$2 on the small all tall bet. It pays off often enough to make it fun, if not profitable.

Fun.. maybe
Profitable.. never.. don't play it if you think it is being profitable
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 8
September 25th, 2018 at 1:54:39 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Fun.. maybe
Profitable.. never.. don't play it if you think it is being profitable

I can't decide if that was poorly phrased on my part or not. But I meant it's not profitable.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
September 25th, 2018 at 2:08:35 PM permalink
On occasion, I'll throw a chip or two on the hard 8 or 6, if that is the point (or my come bet point). I notice that if I'm playing the Dont's, I almost never bet prop bets.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 78
September 25th, 2018 at 4:05:28 PM permalink
I have never bet a hardway for myself. I have done it for friends who asked me to put money out for them -- a hard 8 and a hard 10.

The only middle bet I've made for myself is $1 or $2 on 12 when I'm betting don't. I do not always bet 12 though and typically I'll only bet it if I'm the one shooting. I believe I've hit midnight 3 times overall and I suspect I'm probably down or at best even so far.

--helpmespock
LeBouchleon
LeBouchleon
  • Threads: 2
November 27th, 2018 at 8:28:18 AM permalink
If I'm up, I like to put $1 on small and tall. Keeps me a little more engaged on those hot shooters when I'm betting Darkside.

Also on darkside, I like to bet hardways 6&8 when the point is 6 or 8. Typically give most to the dealers on awin. I don't plan on winning those, but when I'm up it makes me feel good and the dealers happy to have a strong tip.
  • Jump to: