Chodempole
Chodempole
Joined: Oct 13, 2014
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 40
August 13th, 2018 at 5:33:42 AM permalink
Has anyone ever used Sports Insights Bet Labs??? I understand the Wizard himself despises betting systems, although its seems hard to argue some systems on that site. I have found a few that were thousands of bets, and had profitable winning percentages at a 95% confidence interval. Not to mention profitability and a smooth winning trend upwards for over 10 years. How can we say that is garbage???
vegas
vegas
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 474
August 13th, 2018 at 5:39:37 AM permalink
Did you actually pay for those systems? It is a pay site.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
August 13th, 2018 at 5:47:33 AM permalink
I am not an expert.

However, how can you trust the data from a website that wants to sell you a system? If the math says the game is comprised of -ev bets, or depends on past results to identify trends in games with independent events, or is subject to past-posting/doctoring results or other data manipulation, (generalities that would or would not apply to every game), then it seems likely it's an elaborate sales job.

If you gave a specific example of what game/what result seems credible, I think it would be easier to discuss it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Chodempole
Chodempole
Joined: Oct 13, 2014
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 40
August 13th, 2018 at 5:48:19 AM permalink
I have trialed and paid for the software.
Chodempole
Chodempole
Joined: Oct 13, 2014
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 40
August 13th, 2018 at 5:50:12 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I am not an expert.

However, how can you trust the data from a website that wants to sell you a system? If the math says the game is comprised of -ev bets, or depends on past results to identify trends in games with independent events, or is subject to past-posting/doctoring results or other data manipulation, (generalities that would or would not apply to every game), then it seems likely it's an elaborate sales job.

If you gave a specific example of what game/what result seems credible, I think it would be easier to discuss it.




By no means am I defending the software, but the results are very transparent. Every past game, date it was played, result and odds are available to see.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
August 13th, 2018 at 5:54:20 AM permalink
Quote: Chodempole

By no means am I defending the software, but the results are very transparent. Every past game, date it was played, result and odds are available to see.



So it's sports betting? How do you know they aren't selectively posting wins after betting both sides? Or taking results and retroactively claiming they bet the correct side? It's not that hard to backdate data.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Chodempole
Chodempole
Joined: Oct 13, 2014
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 40
August 13th, 2018 at 5:56:57 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

So it's sports betting? How do you know they aren't selectively posting wins after betting both sides? Or taking results and retroactively claiming they bet the correct side? It's not that hard to backdate data.




Valid point. They also post picks before the games. I get what you're saying, but too many people use the software and I have yet to hear anyone suspect something of that nature.
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2093
August 13th, 2018 at 6:03:16 AM permalink
Quote: Chodempole

Valid point. They also post picks before the games. I get what you're saying, but too many people use the software and I have yet to hear anyone suspect something of that nature.

I know someone thatís a consistent winner (15+ years) at college basketball and college football. High 50s% hit rate. I think itís possible, though it takes a lot of data and analysis. I have never heard of this site or software. Iím skeptical anyone can beat one of the big professional sports (NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL) in the long run, except maybe for second half bets.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 762
August 13th, 2018 at 6:09:19 AM permalink
If you're paying for sports betting advice, you're already a loser (in betting terms). Almost impossible to win long term at -110, and adding in the monthly cost of someones random picks essentially raises your vig to a level that can't be overcome.

It's a losing proposition, 100% of the time.
Chodempole
Chodempole
Joined: Oct 13, 2014
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 40
August 13th, 2018 at 6:21:59 AM permalink
We can't be hypocritical though. Sports betting professionals do exist, so how can we say data mining software wouldn't be achieving some sort of handicapping that a human does successfully?

  • Jump to: