Dane
Dane
  • Threads: 8
May 20th, 2015 at 2:12:58 AM permalink
I have often played with numbers structured in 6x6 fields. With 1-6 in the first upper line, 7-12 in the second and so forth and so on. No magic Square and no rocket science there!
You could bet that one missing number comes to unite other numbers in any vertical or horizontal Group. Examples:
If # 3 and #5 had come, you could bet # 4.
If #24 and #36 had come, you could bet # 30. You could easily find more examples. Only the four numbers in the corners (#1, #6, #31, and #36) would never be wagered in any such example.

UNITING NUMBERS IN DIAGONALS SEEMS TO WORK BETTER.
Examples:
# 1 and #15 came. Bet # 8.
# 24 and #34 came. Bet #29.
WHY ON EARTH WOULD SUCH A DIAGONAL PROCEDURE WORK BETTER?

The answer might be: A MORE LIMITED BET SELECTION! You see, with with this diagonal procedure we never bet any of the TWENTY numbers at the border line, so to speak. None of them could ever unite any numbers in any diagonal.
To wager too many numbers is much too common.
After just one hit (with flat betting) the session ends. Good luck!
Dane
TIME IS STILL IMPORTANT
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
May 20th, 2015 at 4:09:09 AM permalink
Quote: Dane

Examples:

Uh ????

You had a bit of a run of luck. That's about it.
Not knocking runs of luck and whatever bet selection floats your boat.
System it ain't.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
May 20th, 2015 at 5:59:17 AM permalink

Examples:

The answer might be: A MORE LIMITED BET SELECTION! You see, with with this diagonal procedure we never bet any of the TWENTY numbers at the border line, so to speak. None of them could ever unite any numbers in any diagonal.

In that case, how about this system:

Always Bet Zero.

This way, you never bet any of the 36 numbers that are "red" or "black", nor do you bet 00.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 20th, 2015 at 6:57:15 AM permalink
So, in a game with a house edge over 5%, I do better when I limit my exposure? Really?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
May 20th, 2015 at 7:57:40 AM permalink
Has there ever been an event where a ball was spun so fast it broke in two and landed on both 13 and 25? If so, I think I'd might be willing to understand hedge betting. Otherwise...
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
May 20th, 2015 at 8:29:40 AM permalink
Quote: noy2222

Has there ever been an event where a ball was spun so fast it broke in two and landed on both 13 and 25? If so, I think I'd might be willing to understand hedge betting. Otherwise...

Does the 1975 TV special (I hesitate to call it a "TV-movie" as apparently it was only an hour long) Lucy Gets Lucky count? IIRC, Ball played someone who wanted to see Dean Martin in concert at the MGM Grand, but it was sold out - except for a private show open only to hotel employees, so she got a job there, and in one scene, she has a box of roulette balls that she empties into the wheel while it is spinning, and pretty much everybody wins.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 20th, 2015 at 8:36:41 AM permalink
Quote: noy2222

There was the French cigarette scam. If I remember correctly, the ball broke in that one but that may have just been in the movie (a French film was made based loosely on the scam).
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
noy2222
noy2222
  • Threads: 16
May 20th, 2015 at 9:07:55 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Does the 1975 TV special (I hesitate to call it a "TV-movie" as apparently it was only an hour long) Lucy Gets Lucky count? IIRC, Ball played someone who wanted to see Dean Martin in concert at the MGM Grand, but it was sold out - except for a private show open only to hotel employees, so she got a job there, and in one scene, she has a box of roulette balls that she empties into the wheel while it is spinning, and pretty much everybody wins.

Found it

I only watched a few minutes. It was painful...
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 20th, 2015 at 12:16:54 PM permalink

Examples:

Roulette is a game of pockets, not
numbers. The pockets for those
three numbers are in the same
13 pocket section. Why would the
wheel hit that section again, just