savmanchanda
savmanchanda
  • Threads: 3
September 29th, 2014 at 5:37:02 AM permalink
I am doing a math exploration on blackjack and I really need help starting it. I have no idea what to include in the exploration, so if anyone can help that would be great :)
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
September 29th, 2014 at 6:20:25 AM permalink
Um, more details? What are you trying to do or discover?
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
savmanchanda
savmanchanda
September 29th, 2014 at 7:00:57 PM permalink
I am trying to using basic strategy and the betting system in order to calculate the probability and look at which is going to be more effective
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 29th, 2014 at 7:13:38 PM permalink
Quote: savmanchanda

I am trying to using basic strategy and the betting system in order to calculate the probability and look at which is going to be more effective

You're being pretty vague. I suggest you look at WoO BJ Appendix 1, where the Wizard lists the EV broken down by each hand for hitting, standing, splitting, or doubling, and see if that doesn't answer your questions, or else get specific. Good luck!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
savmanchanda
savmanchanda
October 1st, 2014 at 3:53:36 AM permalink
I decided that in my IA I will be comparing basic strategy with a unitary bet vs using basic strategy with a betting system. After that I was wondering what kind of probability/statistics calculations can I use to show my analysis of the data which is collected?
  • Jump to: