steverobertson
steverobertson
  • Threads: 7
May 28th, 2010 at 4:55:49 PM permalink
Another idea in my head....this forum has convinced me that longterm you can't beat the roulette wheel and the house edge exists everywhere and there's no easy way out.

Tell me then, is there a parlay system, that won't work most of the time...but has a factor in there that if you maintain your nerve..you'll pull a big win ...invest the win outside of your gambling, and start over again?

Is that the way to win?

If what I say and ask above makes no sense, just tell me so...

Thanks Steve
jones
jones
  • Threads: 0
May 28th, 2010 at 5:23:18 PM permalink
Sure. Put all your chips on 0. That'd be a nice parlay if it hit twice in a row.

Incidentally, I wonder which game and which strategy would give the best odds of parlaying your cash to a big win. Say, increasing your original wager 100x. Admittedly a long-shot by any means, but mathematically what is the best way to attempt this?

Would it be better to play a low-HA 1-1 payout game such as BJ or the craps passline, doubling your bet with each win, and risking the HA multiple times... or going with long-shot, higher-HA bets like the three-number split in roulette where you only have to deal with the HA twice before you've increased your stake 100x after one win and one parlay?
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
May 28th, 2010 at 6:58:08 PM permalink
I think it's been discussed a few times before. Single zero roulette is probably the best balance of house edge and variance. It turns out that too many 1-1 low edge bets adds up your exposure quickly. On the other hand, if you were going for a really big win and had access to 100x craps odds, you might be able to play double up and do better than a few roulette bets. It would take a lot longer though...
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 28th, 2010 at 7:06:05 PM permalink
video poker with one of those doubleup features.
MrPapagiorgio
MrPapagiorgio
  • Threads: 58
June 6th, 2010 at 7:18:32 AM permalink
One system I remember reading about on one of wizard's "associate sites" is to bet red/black and double up on every win (ie: bet all winnings). The system states that you can win $1.3MM with 19 successive winning bets starting at $5 - if there weren't table limits that is.
So I says to him, I said "Get your own monkey!"
  • Jump to: