FootofGod
FootofGod
  • Threads: 8
March 24th, 2010 at 3:17:10 PM permalink
I haven't really had any concrete trial or polished ideas yet, but I wanted to know what people thought: I was playing some blackjack today, and I thought I'd try a low buy-in, but try to parlay 5 or 6 times successfully, starting back at 1 unit bet each time I failed or successfully reached my goal, counting splits and doubles as one less parlay (I didn't have a whole lot of luck this time). The details aren't important. The point is, I have always wanted to count cards. Not to make ridiculous sums of money, but to try to break even and entertain myself more by trying to beat the game, even if on a minimal bankroll. The problem is I'd rather lose a little money and enjoy myself than have the staff all in a stink and get treated less, which I understand. Then I thought, they seem to LOVE betting systems and treat those players nicely! Why not make a counting system in disguise of a foolish betting system? They might catch on, but I could do it for longer, and my betting amount would increase at a seemingly non-random rate.

To be more specific, I was thinking of playing the parlaying system, starting with 2 units and trying to double it to some arbitrary, but not impossible, amount, like 5 wins in a row, starting over at 2 units if I lost or successfully parlayed all the way. The catch is to count while you do it, and at the end of a parlay that got close-made it, adjust your bet slightly accordingly. If the count is specifically bad, start with 1 unit instead of 2. This shouldn't be suspicious, as you probably just lost a big bet, and you're gonna parlay it up again if you win. If the count is specifically good, start with 4 units instead of 2. Once again, they probably won't care because it appears you're faithfully using a betting system, and, once again, you're gonna double it up for a while if you win anyway. The only difference is if you get a BJ with the high count in the middle of a parlay, end it and start anew. Once again, shouldn't look too conspicuous because you just got a huge win and don't feel like risking it all right away.

I'm not sure how the numbers work out, how much you'd have to parlay, bet, what the count would have to be, etc., but the idea kind of struck me and I wanted to get some feedback. Because you are exposing a lot of money quickly to your edge using parlays, and the amounts wagered will be doubling at a quicker rate with a good count, is it possible to get a good thing going while just looking like a rambunctious gambler looking to hit it big?
madmike
madmike
  • Threads: 0
March 24th, 2010 at 3:32:02 PM permalink
Hi Footof God,

my personal opinion is you'd attract extra attention from the pit crew with your fast track approach, and if you are counting then they will catch you faster with this method (as they are already watching you) than a more slowly slowly traditional approach.
  • Jump to: