June 12th, 2017 at 5:02:55 PM permalink
RSW???
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 263
June 12th, 2017 at 5:20:26 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

RSW???

RSW = Regional South West = Just north of Naples, FL.
GPT = Gulfport MS = Biloxi, MS.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 12th, 2017 at 5:21:40 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

From RSW about a 10 hour drive.

At more than ten minutes, my chariot becomes over come by the Florida heat. I think I do also.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 12th, 2017 at 5:21:40 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

From RSW about a 10 hour drive.

At more than ten minutes, my chariot becomes over come by the Florida heat. I think I do also.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
June 12th, 2017 at 5:48:11 PM permalink
2nd cheapest way to drive. Cheapest is junket. Leaves you with two air choices: Delta to GPT via ATL and rent a car, or SWA to MSY and rent a car. That's about $500 either way total. Me I like about $120 in gas r/t and not being stuck in the Beau without a car. Do you do any boats on the FL east coast?
zellchat
zellchat
  • Threads: 0
June 14th, 2017 at 4:50:41 AM permalink
DeMango, you posted: "Recently I acquired a no fee MGM CC. That upgrades you one tier at MGM, eliminates parking fees in Vegas, and now I get $40 offers: RT air fare to Gulfport, plus 3 nights at The Beau. From St Pete, RSW, Melbourne and Sanford."

Does the MGM CC give you the RT airfare free or a small price? We now drive from Tampa to IP Biloxi. No real play at Beau, so flight offers we receive from Beau are usually $300-500/person into Gulfport. MGM CC might be an option if we only needed to give small play and got free flights to Gulfport.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2017 at 6:25:07 AM permalink
Quote: zellchat

No real play at Beau, so flight offers we receive from Beau are usually $300-500/person into Gulfport. MGM CC might be an option if we only needed to give small play and got free flights to Gulfport.

Beau doesn't offer flights where I live in northern Florida, so I drive to Biloxi. So, I can only suggest a possible option for you to try. On your next trip to Biloxi, why don't you plan to give the Beau more play in hopes your play gets "noticed." Not sure how much is enough. If you get the MGM credit card, maybe charge a nice dinner on it during your visit. Maybe see a show or use the spa service. It's like saying, "Hi, Uncle Beau! Nice place you have here."

Then, see if the price offered on the Gulfport flight comes down any. May not get you free flights (at least not immediately). But, I expect Beau prefers to have all seats filled with someone, since the plane will fly anyway. If Beau thought it might not fill a given flight, it might adjust its offer in light of any recent play. Would $125 per person make it worthwhile to avoid driving?

I enjoy both the IP and the Beau. I see LOTS of players who come on Beau's "junket" flights. (Twenty percent of all flights into Gulfport bring players to the Beau Rivage.) Buses meet the plane and take players to the hotel. May even deliver their luggage to their rooms while the players do something else. Players I talk to often report getting "package" offers that include rooms, (some) food, and (some) free play. Seems to me Beau is fairly aggressive trying to put players into hotel rooms that otherwise would remain empty.

Anyhow, that's my suggestion. And, wow! First post after years as a WoV member. Always great to hear from players who go to Biloxi.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
June 14th, 2017 at 11:18:14 AM permalink
Quote: zellchat

DeMango, you posted: "Recently I acquired a no fee MGM CC. That upgrades you one tier at MGM, eliminates parking fees in Vegas, and now I get $40 offers: RT air fare to Gulfport, plus 3 nights at The Beau. From St Pete, RSW, Melbourne and Sanford."

Does the MGM CC give you the RT airfare free or a small price? We now drive from Tampa to IP Biloxi. No real play at Beau, so flight offers we receive from Beau are usually $300-500/person into Gulfport. MGM CC might be an option if we only needed to give small play and got free flights to Gulfport.

Yes, that was total cost per person, I think some free play was involved. I need specific dates, from PIE (St Pete) so I haven't taken them up, yet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Thanks for this post from:
Donaldjtrump
January 12th, 2018 at 6:21:16 PM permalink
More Florida stuff

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article194497519.html

Power brokers maneuver; legislators dig in; does anything change?

When will the bribes be large enough to have something actually happen??

So far it is just buying properties and waitng for legislators and judges to make decisions.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Jan 12, 2018

• Jump to: