JackStraw8004
JackStraw8004
  • Threads: 12
May 4th, 2015 at 12:48:30 PM permalink
A two week job that has taken a year and is still not finished.
Intheknow
Intheknow
  • Threads: 0
May 4th, 2015 at 5:15:35 PM permalink
Quote: JackStraw8004

A two week job that has taken a year and is still not finished.

It's going on ten years+ since it's been paved. The CRDA is footing the bill. It appears to be low grade asphalt I may be wrong.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 4th, 2015 at 5:58:20 PM permalink
Quote: Intheknow

It's going on ten years+ since it's been paved. The CRDA is footing the bill. It appears to be low grade asphalt I may be wrong.

Monopoly might have to change it's color from dark green to light blue!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Intheknow
Intheknow
May 4th, 2015 at 8:03:17 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Monopoly might have to change it's color from dark green to light blue!

I was going to say something ...but I'm new here.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 4th, 2015 at 8:08:49 PM permalink

I was going to say something ...but I'm new here.

I take it you didn't like my joke.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Intheknow
Intheknow
May 4th, 2015 at 8:58:46 PM permalink
I didn't but that has nothing to do with my statement
dave12038457
dave12038457
  • Threads: 19
May 5th, 2015 at 10:25:07 AM permalink
Re-paving Pacific Ave is long over due. But there could be a downside in that people will drive faster.
I find myself extra cautious both walking across Pacific Ave. and driving on it particularly weekend nights. Not just jaywalkers but people with a death wish who just walk out into traffic expecting it to both see them, and stop. It doesn't help that many both drivers and pedestrians alike are leaving bars/clubs.
Onetime on Pacific Ave by the Tropicana I was stopped at a light with a truck on my left side. The light turned green so I started moving but the truck didn't.
I had to slam on my brakes as a couple people came walking left to right across the street. The truck driver could see them but his truck obscured them from me as they crossed the street. They seemed rather oblivious to how close they came to getting hit by my car.
There was also talk of making both Pacific and Atlantic Aves. one-way. I don't know if this is still in the works.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 5th, 2015 at 10:34:43 AM permalink
How about in the winter when the falling down pants crowd saunters in front of your car hoping you'll get stuck in snow so they can charge you a "tip" for pushing you out? It works, even on relatively flat roads like Pacific or Atlantic. Not every visitor is used to driving in the snow.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
May 5th, 2015 at 12:37:21 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

How about in the winter when the falling down pants crowd saunters in front of your car hoping you'll get stuck in snow so they can charge you a "tip" for pushing you out? It works, even on relatively flat roads like Pacific or Atlantic. Not every visitor is used to driving in the snow.

lol, what?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 5th, 2015 at 1:00:40 PM permalink
I know. What happened to the tried and true windshield washing scam - I mean service?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Intheknow
Intheknow
May 5th, 2015 at 1:04:12 PM permalink
Quote: dave12038457

Re-paving Pacific Ave is long over due. But there could be a downside in that people will drive faster.
I find myself extra cautious both walking across Pacific Ave. and driving on it particularly weekend nights. Not just jaywalkers but people with a death wish who just walk out into traffic expecting it to both see them, and stop. It doesn't help that many both drivers and pedestrians alike are leaving bars/clubs.
Onetime on Pacific Ave by the Tropicana I was stopped at a light with a truck on my left side. The light turned green so I started moving but the truck didn't.
I had to slam on my brakes as a couple people came walking left to right across the street. The truck driver could see them but his truck obscured them from me as they crossed the street. They seemed rather oblivious to how close they came to getting hit by my car.
There was also talk of making both Pacific and Atlantic Aves. one-way. I don't know if this is still in the works.

They should make Pacific a two lane street, not four. Have the rest as a bike path and a Jitney lane. Hell we don't even need Pacific Ave. open to cars.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 5th, 2015 at 7:36:26 PM permalink

They should make Pacific a two lane street, not four. Have the rest as a bike path and a Jitney lane. Hell we don't even need Pacific Ave. open to cars.

That would be way too progressive for ATLANTIC CITY.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Intheknow
Intheknow
May 9th, 2015 at 5:51:25 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

That would be way too progressive for ATLANTIC CITY.

A guy jumped from Trop the other day onto new Pacific Ave. He died. Just an FYI for future trivia answer.
jerrysnj
jerrysnj
  • Threads: 9
May 11th, 2015 at 6:54:28 AM permalink

A guy jumped from Trop the other day onto new Pacific Ave. He died. Just an FYI for future trivia answer.

The answer to the trivia question would be false. He landed on the sidewalk on Stenton Place behind Tony's Baltimore Grill.
  • Jump to: