jmarks
jmarks
  • Threads: 1
March 16th, 2012 at 3:21:03 PM permalink
Hi All,
I’m very interested and have been looking through the Wizards Atkins Diet machine. I’ve been searching the forum however there’s one question that I can’t find an answer to:
What is the impact of the sequence / order of symbols on the reels?
For example taking the first 10 stops on reel 1 it is:
1 Scale
2 Mayonnaise
3 Ham
4 Sausage
5 Bacon
6 Eggs
7 Cheese
8 Mayonnaise
9 Sausage
10 Butter

I assume the order is random however there must be some rules associated with it. E.g. in total the reel has 4 butter symbols, and 4 mayonnaise symbols etc. However I assume practically you would never produce a reel that looks like:
1 Butter
2 Butter
3 Butter
4 Butter
5 Mayonnaise
6 Mayonnaise
7 Mayonnaise
8 Mayonnaise
9 Sausage
10 Sausage

I also assume you would not use the same reel layout (sequence/order) for reels 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Possibly also no 3 symbol sequences should not repeat across reels???
I appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
March 16th, 2012 at 7:59:59 PM permalink
Mathematically, the order makes no difference on most games, except for scatter symbols. I like the reels to look well shuffled. When I layout reels, I will not have two like symbols next to each other and very rarely will I have two like symbols two spaces apart. Also, I try not to repeat the same 3 symbol combinations on one reel. A lot of games I've done include poker symbols and I like to break them up wih higher paying symbols.
I heart Crystal Math.
jmarks
jmarks
March 19th, 2012 at 2:48:06 PM permalink
Thanks very much Crystal Math!
Got it – I see what you are saying. The scatter symbols are paid when in view so shouldn’t be “stacked”, but for the rest it makes no difference. This then leads me on to a 2nd question (last one!) what about the wilds?
e.g. say a reel has 3 wilds on it.
Is there any RTP difference between playing a machine with spaced out wilds? or “stacked wilds”?
richabk
richabk
April 27th, 2012 at 10:37:41 AM permalink
Would symbol order matter when computing total payback for a multi-line game?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
April 27th, 2012 at 11:24:59 AM permalink
Quote: jmarks

Thanks very much Crystal Math!
Got it – I see what you are saying. The scatter symbols are paid when in view so shouldn’t be “stacked”, but for the rest it makes no difference. This then leads me on to a 2nd question (last one!) what about the wilds?
e.g. say a reel has 3 wilds on it.
Is there any RTP difference between playing a machine with spaced out wilds? or “stacked wilds”?

No. It only changes the volatility.
I heart Crystal Math.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
April 27th, 2012 at 11:27:00 AM permalink
Quote: richabk

Would symbol order matter when computing total payback for a multi-line game?

No. As stated before, if there are scatter symbols, there should be at least two symbols separating them. If they are spaced closer, then you need to account for getting more scatters than there are reels.
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: