GOODKARMA4ME
GOODKARMA4ME
  • Threads: 2
December 2nd, 2011 at 8:55:18 AM permalink
Hi there folks. I have come across this game being played at several card clubs around the city. It is referred to as Baccarat, and does have some similarities, however i was wondering if this game is exploitable in the long run. I will post as many details of the game below. I have found nothing online in regards to this game, although it is played all over the city, and also played at my partners house during chinese new years, so i know it is definitely popular with greeks, italians and chinese in my city.

1. there is a banker, and 2 (wings). meaning the banker is dealing himself a hand and also a hand to each of the 2 wing bettors. You can never bet on the banker, your decision is to bet on one of the two sides. each player is dealt 2 cards and has the option to take a third, although there are no rules set in stone as to when they must take a card. if a player opens with a 2 and remains to stay, then there is no rule forcing them to take another card.
Where I am looking for an edge is in being one of the outside bettors, i can bet any amount on either one of the wings, whenever i want.
another bonus is there is no commission or rake charged. unless you want to be the banker and take all the bets. then there is a fee per shoe, depending on the room, anywhere from $20 per shoe up to 5% of the value of the bank.
the game is being played with 2 deck shoes, so with 3 hands dealt per wager there is maybe 12-15 bets per shoe.

if there are any important details that would make a difference, please ask,

it seems like an exploitable game, and i have done reasonably well but believe there could be an edge here for a wise player

another feature of the game, is that ties just push, and that you can make a 3rd type of bet called in the middle. where technically you are betting on both of the wing hands. (eg. you bet $100 in the middle. Player 1 wins and Player 2 looses, you win $50 and lose $50 so break even. If the bank beats both player 1 and 2 you loose the $100 and if player 1 or 2 wins, and the other pushes, you win $50 and push $50 so have a $50 profit.
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
December 16th, 2011 at 12:47:27 AM permalink
you wrote a lot but you didn't write anything.

how's the game played? cards dealt face up or down? whats the goal of the game? any rules for the banker? does he get a 3rd card?

and why do you think it's "exploitable"?
  • Jump to: