sabre
sabre 
  • Threads: 2
April 26th, 2021 at 10:00:09 PM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

okay, br, what do you think I've done wrong here?

To be honest ... everything
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
April 27th, 2021 at 5:33:14 AM permalink

okay, br, what do you think I've done wrong here?

. I have more free time this morning as golf isn’t until after 10am. So here goes..... Your ‘house edge of 8%’ comment exposed your TOTAL lack of understanding of ANY important gambling concept. It shoes clearly that you have NOTHING of value to offer here. Your previous couple hundred posts have made that clear before that post.

In case a real gambler or potential gambler reads this (that IS the actual purpose of this forum) in blackjack you may only win 42% of the time, but since you have certain times when you win more than even money (blackjack, splits, double down) the house edge hovers around 1% depending on exact rules.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 427
April 27th, 2021 at 9:12:16 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

. I have more free time this morning as golf isn’t until after 10am. So here goes..... Your ‘house edge of 8%’ comment exposed your TOTAL lack of understanding of ANY important gambling concept.

Did he really say that? I don't actually read his a long-winded posts, they all sound the same. He's even worse than me he has zero credibility now. But it matters to him, and I couldn't care less when it comes to me.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 4
April 27th, 2021 at 10:12:27 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Yes, and they don't have to be "in a row" unless it's a Martingale. About seven years ago, I ran some simulations on a 50/50 game using D'Alembert, and there were cases where it took over 300 billion bets for the player to get back to zero.

Of course, you also have to take into account how long it would take to make enough bets to be $100 billion behind.

Does anyone know if there are players playing legitimately (no cheating), who don't use card counting, that win over the LONG term? (genuine q, don't mean to insult anyone).
Don't poke the bear!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 427
April 27th, 2021 at 11:15:21 AM permalink

that win over the LONG term?

It does not matter where you as a player are in terms of how long you've been playing. What matters is you're playing a long-term game. Look at roulette for example. Somewhere in the world a roulette wheel has been spinning continuously for over 300 years, So you jump in and out once in awhile and play in a long-term game. All your play is always short term no matter how long you've been playing. You won't live long enough to ever play long-term.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wellbush
Wellbush
April 28th, 2021 at 5:22:29 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It does not matter where you as a player are in terms of how long you've been playing. What matters is you're playing a long-term game. Look at roulette for example. Somewhere in the world a roulette wheel has been spinning continuously for over 300 years, So you jump in and out once in awhile and play in a long-term game. All your play is always short term no matter how long you've been playing. You won't live long enough to ever play long-term.

Yes, from that perspective, Bob.

But in that context, my question relates to someone playing in short term bursts, say a few hours/day for at least 3 months?
Don't poke the bear!
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 251
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
April 28th, 2021 at 6:40:31 AM permalink

Does anyone know if there are players playing legitimately (no cheating), who don't use card counting, that win over the LONG term? (genuine q, don't mean to insult anyone).

There are people using even more powerful advantages than card counting like hole carding, ace tracking, shuffle tracking none of which are illegal or cheating.

Are you asking if anyone makes a living off blackjack with nothing but basic strategy?

You know as many people in existence as I do. In other words, nope!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
Thanks for this post from:
Wellbush
April 28th, 2021 at 6:40:46 AM permalink

Since you ask so nicely.... I won my first session of BJ in Jan2014. turned £100 into £6000. Playing legitimately I took that over many months to £18K, via £1.2K
I still have much > £100. $:o)
No cheating and not using card counting..... Just luck.

https://wizardofvegas.com/member/oncedear/blog/8/#post1281

Some recently also won and lost on slots, but this was mostly BJ

Also, in my online account, playing pretty much only RNG Atlantic Blackjack, I have over the last 3 months,
deposited a total of £15253 and withdrawn £16804 for a net profit of > £1.5k
or to look at the last one month...
deposited a total of £6228 and withdrawn £6677 for a net profit of > £449

Trivial, but there it is.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
Wellbush
Wellbush
April 28th, 2021 at 7:13:46 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Since you ask so nicely.... I won my first session of BJ in Jan2014. turned £100 into £6000. Playing legitimately I took that over many months to £18K, via £1.2K
I still have much > £100. $:o)
No cheating and not using card counting..... Just luck.

https://wizardofvegas.com/member/oncedear/blog/8/#post1281

Some recently also won and lost on slots, but this was mostly BJ

Also, in my online account, playing pretty much only RNG Atlantic Blackjack, I have over the last 3 months,
deposited a total of £15253 and withdrawn £16804 for a net profit of > £1.5k
or to look at the last one month...
deposited a total of £6228 and withdrawn £6677 for a net profit of > £449

Trivial, but there it is.

Thanks OD.

BTW. Some here may q me over some of my idiotic replies. They were in deliberate retaliation to some posters wanting to shove their naysayer views down my throat, by saturating my threads with their views, many of them derisive. I reserve the right to be just as idiotic to them in the future.

I don't think I have statistical knowledge sown up, that doesn't mean I can't inquire and challenge some views, however much it irks.

Anyway, I do respect naysayer views, too, coz I want to learn.

This message is just in case some may q my integrity.
Don't poke the bear!
Wellbush
Wellbush
April 28th, 2021 at 7:46:42 AM permalink
What happened with your online BJ play in the end, OD?
Don't poke the bear!

• Jump to: