Thread Rating:

DEM12
DEM12
  • Threads: 1
August 20th, 2015 at 4:29:41 AM permalink
Can anybody explain me how The Wizard calculate the sticky wild bonus from Vamos A Las Vegas slot?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
August 20th, 2015 at 6:22:24 AM permalink
I've done this with several games. I calculate the game 32 times for all of the ways you could have wilds stuck on a line. Then, use a Markov chain or matrix to determine how frequently you will play each configuration of wilds.

The hairy part is when you can re-initiate a bonus with a scatter trigger because the stuck wilds reduce the probability of the scatter. I've designed a few games this way too.
I heart Crystal Math.
DEM12
DEM12
August 21st, 2015 at 3:11:37 AM permalink
Thank you for reply.
I have made a python script for Atkins Diet slot where one can input the number of occurrences for each symbol on each reel and it calculates the payout of game, scatter and bonus mode. But with the game mentioned above I am stuck on the sticky wild.
I was assumed that is something about matrices or Markov chain but I don't understand how to apply them (I'm not advance in mathematics :) )
In your reply there are some unknown variable for me. For example why 32 times? I was hopping for some detailed steps, something from where to continue, something to clarify my head :).
Thanks
DEM12
DEM12
August 21st, 2015 at 3:17:02 AM permalink
And I forgot to mention about re-triggers. How one can calculate this? A big enigma for me :)

PS: a separate question, for a game that have expanding wild in bonus mode, this will affect the payout of the game?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
August 21st, 2015 at 7:45:53 AM permalink
The 32 times is for the number of ways wilds can be stuck on a line, assuming there are 5 reels like in the Atkins slot.
Some examples:
-----
----w
---w-
---ww

When calculating scatters, or re-initiations with sticky wild bonuses, you need to know how many available spots there will be on each reel for the scatter to land. On the Atkins, there would be 0 to 3 spots available on each reel, for a total of 4^5 different screen configurations. You would need to calculate the probability of playing each configuration and calculate the scatter probabilities for each one.
I heart Crystal Math.
DEM12
DEM12
August 22nd, 2015 at 3:03:16 AM permalink
OK, this has enlighten me little. But if you are kind enough, can you describe how one can apply Markov chain after calculate the game 32 times, how you calculate the 8 steps/free spins (cause I assume that here is where is coming the Markov chain part)?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
August 24th, 2015 at 8:05:43 AM permalink
Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a file with the transition matrix (and all of the results).
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: