rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
June 7th, 2010 at 4:00:02 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

so starting from the comeout roll on this hand they were 23:1 to get paid 1000:1 on their firebet.

i considered you could hit another point and try again but didnt feel like working out all the math at the moment.

this is why i put the statement "on this hand" in.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
June 7th, 2010 at 9:40:30 PM permalink
Geez, rudeboyoi, I think we are back to that issue I mentioned in another thread: language getting in the way of the discussions.

If you had said, “…from the come out roll, they were 23:1 to get paid 1000:1 on their fire bet on this hand”, then I would have agreed with you.

Since you used a different word order, i.e., “…from the come out roll on this hand they were 23:1 to get paid 1000:1 on their fire bet”, I interpreted your “on this hand” just to indicate which come out roll you were starting with, not that they had to win the full fire bet on the very next point.

Language, language, language….It can be more troubling than the math. At least for that part, we have the Wizard to set us straight. Any grammarians on this forum?
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
June 7th, 2010 at 11:04:57 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Geez, rudeboyoi, I think we are back to that issue I mentioned in another thread: language getting in the way of the discussions.

If you had said, “…from the come out roll, they were 23:1 to get paid 1000:1 on their fire bet on this hand”, then I would have agreed with you.

Since you used a different word order, i.e., “…from the come out roll on this hand they were 23:1 to get paid 1000:1 on their fire bet”, I interpreted your “on this hand” just to indicate which come out roll you were starting with, not that they had to win the full fire bet on the very next point.

Language, language, language….It can be more troubling than the math. At least for that part, we have the Wizard to set us straight. Any grammarians on this forum?

hehe i guess this is why commas are important
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
June 8th, 2010 at 6:55:44 AM permalink
And incase anyone was wondering if the last point is 6 or 8: 125/909 5 or 9: 88/872
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: