larwiz1
larwiz1
  • Threads: 15
December 1st, 2012 at 8:41:02 AM permalink
This maybe should be in the slot forum since it is a slot.

I saw this slot Gambler 21. It is a 3 wheel slot and ever so often (TBD) you get to play a bonus round. The bonus round is like 21. You get 2 cards and can take more, the object being not to go over 21. There are incremental payoffs for 12-21. A meter amount for AK and 5 card charlie amount and a 777 amount. It appears that cards are replaced when dealt and suits do not matter, thus it should play like an infinite deck.

I haven't taken statistics since the 60's and I am very rusty.

If you were to track the cards dealt. What would you track? How would you determine if it is really a random selection from an infinite deck? What number of cards would it take for you to be relatively convinced?

Thanks for any consideration.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
December 1st, 2012 at 8:47:57 PM permalink
I would start by looking at the glass or the help screens. I would assume that the cards are randomly dealt from a fair deck, because this is required in most jurisdictions.
I heart Crystal Math.
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
December 2nd, 2012 at 8:28:46 AM permalink
Obviously if you saw the same card on the same hand, you know you are dealing with multiple decks. But the difference between, say 8 decks, and an infinite deck, would be almost impossible to ascertain based on observing one hand at a time.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
larwiz1
larwiz1
  • Threads: 15
December 3rd, 2012 at 8:12:25 AM permalink
Thanks for the responses. I had pushed all the buttons on the machine trying to find a help screen with no success. A playing strategy can be determined once you have a clue on the number of decks. I doubt that an infinite deck and an 8 deck strategy would differ very much. I assume it has a random card selector.

I had looked at the Wizard's method of determining the number of decks for online games based on suited pairs. I don't really care about suited pairs except 77 starts. The most important card would be the Ace, since it is instrumental for AK, natural 21s and 5 card charlie's (I don't know what % has an Ace in it, but it is probably significant) . The 3 highest paying things other than 777.

The real problem is it is a slot machine. Who knows how many spins you would have to do to get enough bonus rounds to determine the number of decks.

Playing a slot for an extended period of time can be detrimental to your financial health.
  • Jump to: