megapixels
megapixels
  • Threads: 8
May 25th, 2012 at 8:52:17 PM permalink
My wife is a vegetarian. Any suggestions in Vegas? We're staying @ Paris, and will probably not drive anywhere during our stay, although we will have the Family Truckster (or as I like to think of it, a giant suitcase).
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
May 25th, 2012 at 9:09:20 PM permalink
I believe all the restaurants in properties owned by Steve Wynn have full Vegan options.

Some other Vegan options
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 25th, 2012 at 9:11:03 PM permalink
Vegas Click has a good page on that topic.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
megapixels
megapixels
  • Threads: 8
May 26th, 2012 at 11:36:41 AM permalink
Thanks for the tips!
tupp
tupp
  • Threads: 3
May 26th, 2012 at 11:45:05 AM permalink
There's a P.F. Changs in Planet Hollywood (next door to Paris). The vegetarian lettuce wraps are good, plus there are a few other vegetarian selections. It's very popular, so it is advisable it make reservations if you go in the evening.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 26th, 2012 at 2:06:33 PM permalink
If you walk four doors north to IP there is a good Korean restaurant called Ginseng 3 with very good vegetarian options. They will do a meatless bibimbap for you (the way it should be).

Buffets are always good as a last resort. Usually plenty of veg at the nicer places.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
May 29th, 2012 at 4:09:55 AM permalink
I don't know the area but Indian restaurants seem to always have some vegetarian options, and they usually have lunch buffets. If you've never tried Indian food I highly recommend it, even for non-vegetarians there are flavors that they achieve that simply aren't found in any other food. I've introduced several friends to it, and even those that were very reluctant found that there was something that delighted their taste buds. And if you're worried about it being too hot, you can always order it mild (lunch buffets are almost all mild, with anything hot clearly marked).

Enjoy!
LonesomeGambler
LonesomeGambler
  • Threads: 1
May 29th, 2012 at 9:48:41 AM permalink
Las Vegas is surprisingly vegetarian-friendly. There are quite a few options at Wynn and Encore (including the buffets), as Steve Wynn is vegan. On the strip, you'll find reasonable options just about everywhere, including at the high-end restaurants that don't specifically cater to vegetarians. Even Picasso, a restaurant that doesn't have one vegetarian option on the menu, will gladly prepare a multi-course vegan meal if requested. On the other end of the spectrum, Johnny Rockets' Streamliner burger is vegan and is even prepared on a separate surface from the meat.

If you venture off-Strip, you'll find plenty of options. For a casual lunch or banh mi, Veggie Delite in Chinatown is a great choice, and their Black Vinegar "Chicken" is fantastic. The Red Velvet Café on Sahara is not exclusively vegetarian, but they have many, many vegetarian and vegan options, and the portions are huge. I hear they also opened a second location in the Fashion Show Mall. Komol Thai is just east of the Strip and has a separate vegetarian section to the menu with a huge range of Thai and Chinese vegetarian foods. One of my favorites, Ronald's Donuts (just west of the Strip on Spring Mountain), has vegan options for donuts! About 80% of their donuts are completely vegan. Unfortunately, another favorite of mine—Long Life Vege, out east on Sandhill—has recently closed.

HappyCow is a good resource for finding vegetarian food in new cities, so I recommend taking a look at that, as well.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 29th, 2012 at 9:51:06 AM permalink
Quote: LonesomeGambler

The Red Velvet Café on Sahara is not exclusively vegetarian, but they have many, many vegetarian and vegan options, and the portions are huge. I hear they also opened a second location in the Fashion Show Mall.

You writing that jogged my memory and I now recall I ate there with a friend last trip. So yeah, it does exist in the mall. Their hummus was awesome.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: