1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 3rd, 2011 at 5:52:35 PM permalink
Another "change of pace" question with a Vegas theme.

I found "King of Cars" on Youtube this week and have been watching it since when it was on I had a hard time remembering to watch it. It is a sad state of automobile marketing in the USA that a place like this sells more cars than any other dealer for that make (Dodge.) I'd never buy at a place like that but it seems so many people do. Anyways, Chop made a comment on one episode that got me to thinking.

He had The Blue Genie wait on a customer all dressed in charachter. TBG did not close the sale and Chop said, "That was the wrong person to wait on, people with good credit don't buy from a guy dressed in a blue genie outfit."

As a person with good credit I agree. But is he right overall? Does anyone out there think people with bad credit are somehow more drawn to places like this? Is there something about people with good credit that they get turned off by such an act?

BTW: Are there any Vegas locals who can comment if that place is the zoo it looked like on the show?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
March 3rd, 2011 at 6:21:08 PM permalink
If the Blue Genie had the make, model and trim package you were looking for, and offered it for $500 less, you wouldn't pay him a visit? If not, what if it was $700 or $1,000 less?

I don't think Chopper's comment was directed so much at folks with good credit not wanting to buy a car from Towbin, as much as someone with other options feeling like they got the best deal from the Blue Genie.

I have good credit, and would go wherever the best deal was offered (including being open to talking to a guy in a blue genie costume). Towbin did a great job of raising awareness, and creating a buzz with their price leaders. I remember catching their infomercial in the hotel and being so entertained, I considered taking a drive over to check it out. However, for someone with good credit, and who was not interested in buying a used car, the new Dodge discounts were not so deep that folks wouldn't consider other makes and dealerships.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 3rd, 2011 at 6:26:56 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

If the Blue Genie had the make, model and trim package you were looking for, and offered it for $500 less, you wouldn't pay him a visit? If not, what if it was $700 or $1,000 less?

Leaving the fact it might be a better deal out of it, in other words assume you feel you could make as good a deal across town.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
March 3rd, 2011 at 8:49:05 PM permalink
My wife and I loved watching his "commercials" years before the reality show. One morning she attempted to describe the infomercial and I just looked at her like she was mad.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
  • Jump to: