1 vote (7.69%)
1 vote (7.69%)

13 members have voted

RS
RS
  • Threads: 61
September 7th, 2017 at 7:27:28 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

(well, for women, it's 78 percent as much)

You should have left that part out.
# Свободный Натан
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 48
September 7th, 2017 at 7:34:28 PM permalink
Quote: RS

You should have left that part out.

The system has been rigged against women, too.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
September 7th, 2017 at 8:09:44 PM permalink

It's extremely sexist, too! Look at percentage of men vs women in prison.

Of course, people will just say men are more likely to commit a crime than women and that won't be viewed as sexist.

Women cry their way out of it. 😉
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
September 7th, 2017 at 9:47:36 PM permalink
I am too lazy to look it up, but I believe the black man who got shot with his gf in the car, had 48 prior stops without ever so much as a ticket. That young man also had a job, I think, in a school cafeteria. I lived and drove for 20 years in Baltimore, more than half the time in black neighborhoods. Cars were usually clunkers. my number of stops = ZERO.
Once in Denver, with my wife driving, a cop car pulled out of a parking lot behind us. I told her she would be stopped. I drove Colfax every night coming home from work at Midnight. Never stopped once. But them I am white.
But I knew after cop followed us for several blocks, well cops can stop you anytime they want to. Sure enough wife turned right on Kipling, signaled properly, perfect speed, etc. On came the red lights. Cop said stopped her because she made a wide turn. YEAH Cobble stone gutters and every other car would turn just like that. No ticket, car search, etc.. But then we are white. Can you imagine putting up with that shit 48 times ??? Have not seen the video, but sport show on radio said He was handcuffed behind back, face down, cop sitting on him, and another cop pointed a gun at him. WTF Did they think he was the incredible Hulk ? And the whole time he is calling the officer SIR !. Something ain't right there.
RS
RS
September 7th, 2017 at 11:57:52 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

The system has been rigged against women, too.

Perhaps. But claiming there's "78% wage gap" (I'm assuming that's what the 78% refers to) doesn't help the case since it's essentially a myth and stated out of context.
# Свободный Натан
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
September 8th, 2017 at 5:35:31 AM permalink

Perhaps. But claiming there's "78% wage gap" (I'm assuming that's what the 78% refers to) doesn't help the case since it's essentially a myth and stated out of context.

Not a myth.

Not out of context.

The 78% refers to, for every $1 in wages a man makes, a woman in the same or comparable job makes 78 cents.

Most of my work life was spent in male-dominated professions. There are lots of reasons for this disparity, whole books worth. So not going to write one here. But you're wrong to dismiss this out of hand.

Something to keep in mind, as Trump systematically dismantles Obama's EOs , regulations , and legislation out of spite: there were good reasons for most, even all of them. This fact has been documented many times, and the political agenda behind discrediting it is manipulation of you, just like the facts behind identifing and changing racial profiling are true but being shaded by hidden agendas.

See these things for yourself. What gets done about them, how much time and money is spent, is separate from the fact that they exist.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RS
RS
RogerKintHomelessnyc
September 8th, 2017 at 6:09:35 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Not a myth.

Not out of context.

The 78% refers to, for every $1 in wages a man makes, a woman in the same or comparable job makes 78 cents.

Most of my work life was spent in male-dominated professions. There are lots of reasons for this disparity, whole books worth. So not going to write one here. But you're wrong to dismiss this out of hand.

Something to keep in mind, as Trump systematically dismantles Obama's EOs , regulations , and legislation out of spite: there were good reasons for most, even all of them. This fact has been documented many times, and the political agenda behind discrediting it is manipulation of you, just like the facts behind identifing and changing racial profiling are true but being shaded by hidden agendas.

See these things for yourself. What gets done about them, how much time and money is spent, is separate from the fact that they exist.

Yes, it is a myth. Men and women tend to follow different career paths. You see far more men in fields like engineering, computer science, as well as CEO types who've either gone up the ranks in a company or created their own. Women in general are either not interested in that type of stuff like engineering or have the ambition to create their own company or rise up the ranks of an existing company. I'm not saying all women are like this, but I'm saying in general. There are also far fewer men in fields like child care, teaching, and other jobs that do not tend to pay well. Also, men work more hours than women.

Paying someone based on gender, religion, race, and all that other stuff is illegal in the United States....so where are all these companies who are short-paying women? Do I hear a MaxPen conspiracy?

The supposed "wage gap" is due to taking the yearly income from all men and women who work full time jobs. It doesn't take into account the different jobs or any other factor.

To say there's a 22% wage gap (78 cents per $1) between men and women for doing the same comparable work.....is like saying there's a wage gap in my family. My dad and I both work full time in comparable jobs, he makes $250k/year and I only make $20k/year (who cares that I work at McDonald's but he's an anesthesiologist).*

Example.
My dad is not an anesthesiologist and I don't work at McDonald's.

What percentage pay did you make compared to the men you worked with?
# Свободный Натан
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
RS
September 8th, 2017 at 7:53:48 AM permalink
I can't stand the environment we live in now, where police bashing has become common and accepted. Where it's presumed that any incident involving a black person and a cop, particularly non-black, is automatically identified as a racist action. It reminds me of the mentality that existed in the 70's where it was common to bash Vietnam service people because of their work in the war. Both service people and police represent the executive branch of our government and have extremely difficult jobs. Given that, I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise.

I think in this case, like others, there is a rush to blame the police before all facts are known. If, it turns out, that Bennett's version is accurate, then I agree that action needs to be taken, and responsible parties be held accountable. But, I don't think we are close to that point yet.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
September 8th, 2017 at 8:07:02 AM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

I can't stand the environment we live in now, where police citizen literal bashing has become common and accepted...

Fixed that for you. Perhaps if the cops killing American citizens wasn't one of the top 10 ways to die in America, there wouldn't be a problem?

I think in this case, like others, there is a rush to blame the police before all facts are known. If, it turns out, that Bennett's version is accurate, then I agree that action needs to be taken, and responsible parties be held accountable. But, I don't think we are close to that point yet.

It's just ironic, because that's exactly what the police do and why you see so many murders by them... They don't know the facts and they start pulling the triggers.

I'm not even trying to put a ton of race in to this post, but the most obvious example to me... Last September... Female cop pulls over black man because she thought he looked like someone they were searching for (who knows how true that is - but basically the man didn't even commit a traffic violation). Draws her weapon and orders him out of the vehicle. He cooperates with every word she says. When out she orders him to put his hands on his car. With his hands raised he goes to put them on his car and then she starts shooting him, claiming he was reaching in the vehicle for a weapon when in fact the DOOR AND WINDOW WERE CLOSED. This man committed no crime, at all, and she cold blooded murdered him... THEN SHE WAS ACQUITTED OF THE MURDER EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ALL CAUGHT ON VIDEO. This is THE standard for the problem of police brutality in America. Cops keep killing people, and then because they're "a cop" they just get away with MURDER. You can only MURDER people for so long before they start to get pissed off and/or do something back. It's obvious. After this is when the "cop shootings" started to happen. I don't support the murders ON EITHER SIDE, but s**t, how obvious is it that if you keep murdering innocent civilians that they're going to start murdering you back?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
RS
September 8th, 2017 at 8:20:24 AM permalink

I can't stand the environment we live in now, where police bashing has become common and accepted. Where it's presumed that any incident involving a black person and a cop, particularly non-black, is automatically identified as a racist action. It reminds me of the mentality that existed in the 70's where it was common to bash Vietnam service people because of their work in the war. Both service people and police represent the executive branch of our government and have extremely difficult jobs. Given that, I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise.

The weird part is the police bashing that comes from the left. What is their solution for corrupt government employees to whom we've given power over us? Why just a give them a little more power and money, of course. More body cams, more training, perhaps another .gov entity that can more effectively oversee police. I know I know, we are just one law away from utopia. If we could just have another government entity that oversees the cops, we'd all be happy. We also need another .gov that makes sure women get paid the same as men, that way no small business will ever compete with the big boys.
100% risk of ruin

• Jump to: