craigGA
craigGA
  • Threads: 5
May 3rd, 2010 at 4:18:33 PM permalink
I have been tracking room rates and planning a trip for the first week of March 2011 (Monday - Friday). I thought I had plenty of time before I needed to book it. However, last night, a bunch of the hotels started reflecting 100% sold-out for the entire month. Bellagio, Planet Hollywood and many others are supposedly sold out for the entire month.

At first I thought it was just a fluke...but as of Monday evening they still show sold-out. Aside from the rooms they set aside for established players, do you really think all of these hotels are already sold-out?

Thanks
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 3rd, 2010 at 4:47:23 PM permalink
I would bet that they are not sold out, but it is so far in advance they have not released the rooms yet. Maybe they have not decided on a price point yet. The Harrah's web site says certain hotel are "not available" for March 2011.

I tried to book my hotel room for the eclipse in China something like 10 years in advance (hoping they wouldn't know about the eclipse yet, and not thus not triple the price), but found that nobody took a reservation more than one year in advance.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
May 3rd, 2010 at 5:22:16 PM permalink
My wife is a teacher so our normal trip to Las Vegas is in mid-March to coincide with March break.

Over the last couple years, I've found that prices are high until you hit November or December when the flight costs and hotel prices drop for about a 3 week period. After Christmas they seem to bounce up again.

I used expedia.ca for our March trip this year and booked in November 2009, but the two times before that I used hotel deals offered from signing up for player cards and booked flights directly with the airline as it was cheaper.

For 2011, I'm hoping for a discounted room offer from the Wynn where we've stayed the last 3 times, but so far only my wife is getting e-mailed any deals. She went to the spa. I'm getting no love despite losing $300 on $25 blackjack at the Wynn this last trip. 8-(

If the Wynn doesn't come through my wife wants to try out the Bellagio next time.
craigGA
craigGA
  • Threads: 5
May 3rd, 2010 at 6:48:31 PM permalink
Thanks! That is what we suspected...but we are so excited about the trip some worry did begin to creep into our thoughts.

I wonder if anyone regularly polls the reservation sites in order to track this sort of thing. I imagine that the room rate / reservation process could easily become a viable phd thesis.
  • Jump to: