harvey16
harvey16
  • Threads: 4
May 4th, 2012 at 8:49:22 PM permalink
Just curious how often mistakes need to be made in order to eliminate the house edge. I play at Fallsview in Niagara Falls and it seems almost inevitable that at least once per 3 or 4 hour session that a mistake is made in my favour. Craps seems to be the game where the most mistakes are made. The most common mistake seems to be when a crap is thrown after the point has been established and the crew forgets to take down my come bet. Let's say they forget to remove my come bet once per 2 hours, which seems realistic. How much would this reduce the house edge, assuming i'm playing $10 pass and come bets with full odds (3X4X5X). Under normal conditions the house edge would be %0.374. I always work my odds on the come out roll as well and it does happen that sometimes the dealers forget to take down my bets when a 7 hits on the come out roll. This happens maybe once every 2 sessions. So maybe once every 8 hours. Am vary curious to see how this effects HE.

P.S. I think I am going to start tracking errors to determine exactly how often they are made.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 4th, 2012 at 9:08:56 PM permalink
You would have to know how many come out rolls you have. Others here have averages. I track dealer errors, not for an exact change in house edge, but just to know how much money per 'session' the difference is. Today played pai gow poker, and one $20 bet that should have been a loss was misplayed by dealer into a tie. So I remember that number. I play at Fallsview sometimes, when I'm in the mood for a smoke free day...
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 5th, 2012 at 4:45:03 PM permalink
oops misread your post. ignore my preedited post if you already read it.

maybe you lose $14/hr playing a busy $10 table continuously making pass/come bets. assuming if they forget once every two hours to remove your bet when a craps is rolled then youre only expected to lose $9/hr (($14x2hrs-$10)/2hrs)).
  • Jump to: