DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
April 21st, 2012 at 3:00:44 PM permalink
For slot machines like this:
http://www.wms.com/Games/NetworkedGaming/UltraHitProgressive/Pages/PiggyBankin.aspx

Is the jackpot equally likely to hit on each spin (and so the graphics are just for show, and to mislead the player into thinking he is getting closer, a sort of "illusion of progress") or is there already a predetermined trigger point (that is not known to the player, but already randomly selected) so that the player really is getting closer at each moment?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find quite the exact match.
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
April 21st, 2012 at 6:29:27 PM permalink
There are some machines that guarantee a bonus round every (let's say for arguments sake) 400 spins. One of the most graphically adorable machines I've ever played (at the M and at Gold Coast) involved chubby Pandas jogging across the screen whenever something big hit. There's a count-down-o-meter at the bottom of the screen to let you know how many spins before a guaranteed bonus spin happens.

I do not know it the Piggy Banking machine is one of those types of machines.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 21st, 2012 at 6:49:13 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

There are some machines that guarantee a bonus round every (let's say for arguments sake) 400 spins. One of the most graphically adorable machines I've ever played (at the M and at Gold Coast) involved chubby Pandas jogging across the screen whenever something big hit. There's a count-down-o-meter at the bottom of the screen to let you know how many spins before a guaranteed bonus spin happens.

I do not know it the Piggy Banking machine is one of those types of machines.

I believe this is the machine you're referring to:

I do not think it is a "piggy banking" type machine.
Fun game!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
April 21st, 2012 at 7:08:17 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

That machine owes me $100
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 21st, 2012 at 7:23:50 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Quote: teddys

That machine owes me $100

NEVER SAY NO TO PANDA
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: