SafeGaming
SafeGaming
  • Threads: 3
October 17th, 2011 at 12:20:02 PM permalink
1st post!

after reading WoO BS, have questions regarding -player 11 vs dealer 10, 6 decks, S17

wizard suggest A. Double Down if dealer peeks for BJ,
B. Hit if no hole card rule

i assume A. means dealer doesn't have a BJ ,means it favours Double Down(high chance of getting a unbeatable 21) after dealer peeks no BJ
B. Hit instead of Double because our 21 is beatable by dealers BJ + we might lose double bet

question is ,if the rule is we only lose the original bet after doubling if dealer gets a BJ, should we hit or double? ( B. now became 21 is beatable but we wont lose double bet)

and also for this same rule, should we hit or surrender on 14 vs 10?

kindly advise please
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
October 17th, 2011 at 1:09:28 PM permalink
Quote: SafeGaming

...if the rule is we only lose the original bet after doubling if dealer gets a BJ, should we hit or double? ( B. now became 21 is beatable but we wont lose double bet)...

A game where the dealer peeks for blackjack is equivalent to an "original bet only" game. So, yes, against 10 we should double 11 and hit 14.

By the way, if the dealer forgets to peek for blackjack and you have busted one of more of your split hands, you might have to remind the dealer to refund some of your bets in the event of a dealer's blackjack.
SafeGaming
SafeGaming
  • Threads: 3
October 17th, 2011 at 1:57:43 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

A game where the dealer peeks for blackjack is equivalent to an "original bet only" game. So, yes, against 10 we should double 11 and hit 14.

By the way, if the dealer forgets to peek for blackjack and you have busted one of more of your split hands, you might have to remind the dealer to refund some of your bets in the event of a dealer's blackjack.

firstly, thanks for your answer, i figured what u mean. and sorry, i forget to say early surrender is allowed except vs dealer ACE upcard, i found my ans on WoO appendix6, its a surrender. pls advise if i got the wrong answer.

and also, there is a difference , in this rule "original bet only for doubling", any splitted hands will lose all bets if dealer got a blackjack( except for double after split), that means i cant remind the dealer to refund me, instead she will remind me re read the rules, lol.
  • Jump to: